Ming Qian Dragonwell Panan, Supreme 2010

Green Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by Payton

• “A really amazing tea. I can't like it enough. First infusion (85 degrees C/1 minute): I sensed definite asparagus and artichoke notes with a light celery flavor. Very pure tasting without any...” Read full tasting note
    sirbrillig 108 tasting notes
  • “This note if from the last of the tea from my cupboard. I still say it is one of the best teas I've ever had. It just taste so fresh and refreshing. As before, it has notes of roasted asparagus and...” Read full tasting note
    tyler 48 tasting notes

From Red Blossom Tea Company

This is our fourth year offering the Panan Supreme, and we believe this harvest is one of the best to come out of the Central Zhejiang town of Pan’an to date. That this year’s tea turned out so wonderfully is made the more special by the unsettled climate that wreaked havoc on other early harvest teas this year.

The tea garden from which we sourced our Panan Supreme is a 2 hour hike off the main road, nestled amongst pine trees at over 1000 meters above sea level. For three generations, the family that worked this land has crafted exceptional Dragonwells by hand, using completely organic farming methods, and following pan-firing techniques handed down from one generation to the next. Each tea leaf was meticulously hand-picked in early March 2010, then just as carefully roasted by hand on wood fired pans.

Panan Supreme’s appellation shows through in every aspect of the tea: brilliant green leaf buds, fresh floral aroma with hints of watermelon and spring grass, clear, perfectly smooth liquor with absolutely no astringency.

About Red Blossom Tea Company View company

A really amazing tea. I can’t like it enough.

First infusion (85 degrees C/1 minute):
I sensed definite asparagus and artichoke notes with a light celery flavor. Very pure tasting without any hidden flavor to detect, but not blunt or boring at all. Aroma of freshly cut asparagus. The word that comes to mind is very “green”.

Second Infusion (85 degrees C/1 minute):
The sweet mouth taste of celery, with a creaminess and the aroma of brown sugar-roasted veggies. The flavor was really buttery with almost a salty butter flavor.

Third Infusion (88 degrees C/2 minutes):
This was more subtle, but still rich and actually more creamy with the vegetal asparagus taste pervading more.

Fourth Infusion(88 degrees C/2 minutes):
Lighter, but more like a 2nd infusion of most Chinese greens I’ve had, with nearly the same sweetness as the first infusion. Less vegetal for certain.

Fifth Infusion (88 degrees/2.5 minutes):
Very light, but still holding on with more of a Meng Ding vegetal top and the body of a Yin Zhen.

Payton

I feel that I didn’t convey how wonderful this tea really was. One of the best teas I’ve ever tasted!

This note if from the last of the tea from my cupboard. I still say it is one of the best teas I’ve ever had. It just taste so fresh and refreshing. As before, it has notes of roasted asparagus and a very vegetal taste to it. But I do miss the traditional roasted nut taste that the majority of other dragon well teas have.