2007 Mengku Mu Ye Chun 001

Pu-erh Tea
Lemon
Edit tea info Last updated by tea123
8 g 3 oz / 100 ml

• “Honestly, I am not sure if I have ever had a puerh that has claimed to be mostly tippy material, as this does. I am sure, however, that it has an impact on flavor and texture. Yesterday, this tea...” Read full tasting note
    the_skua 207 tasting notes
  • “Price: £27.34 ($43.12) (400g cake 84/100 Summary: This starts of light before getting quite intense. Herbal and lemony fruitiness, some throat rhyme 8 grams (pried from the bottom slice at the...” Read full tasting note
    tea123 65 tasting notes
  • “I’m proud to say that I just opened this tea cake today! Product of 2007 and I’m having it in October 2013! Six years! Wow! This tea hit the right notes with me, honestly. I...” Read full tasting note
    Ummalmur 6 tasting notes

From Shuanjiang Mengku

This is the first release of the Mengku “Mu Ye Chun” label! This tea is produced by the Yong De sub-branch of the Mengku Shuangjiang tea factory. It is composed of entirely high-altitude first flush spring raw material from Yong De area of Lin Cang, a totally different area than the region from which classic Mengku teas come.

Dragon Tea House:
Mu Ye Chun, literally mellow of leaves. Made with 1st to 3rd grade fleshy Lincang Yongde leaves. Perfect shape, rich tastes. It turns sweet from the 7th infusion, the fragrance and the Cha Qi reaches the peak at the 11th infusion. It could be steeped for about 16 times. The liquor of this cake is quite thick, which is much different from other Mengku products. Though it is on the bitter side now, it shows that is has all the characters turning out to be a good one, nice cake for storage.

The manufacturer has produced three batches of Mu Ye Chun, they are 200703001, 200703002 and 200703003. Among them, the 3001 is the best and it has won gold award on 2007 Shanghai Tea affair. Top grade product from Mengku this year.

About Shuanjiang Mengku View company

Honestly, I am not sure if I have ever had a puerh that has claimed to be mostly tippy material, as this does. I am sure, however, that it has an impact on flavor and texture. Yesterday, this tea was plain, simple, a bit shallow, but solid and reasonable. Today, it comes across as slippery, mineral heavy, and metallic. It carries a green tea-like dryness and brightness to it, lacking thick, syrupy stickiness.

Aroma and flavor are middling, green, and lightly floral. The finish has poor grip. Unexciting would be one way to frame this tea. Another might be to say that it would be a good intro puerh for Chinese green tea devotees. I think I’m more of a big leaf man, myself. Regardless, I am excited to compare it to the Mu Ye Chun 002, which supposedly has a larger leaf composition. I’ll visit it later this week, coming to the tea table for two sessions, on two different days, with two different natures.

Full blog post: http://tea.theskua.com/?p=412

Price: £27.34 ($43.12) (400g cake
84/100

8 grams (pried from the bottom slice at the edge).

This is my first raw cake :)

Dry: Dark brown with white’ish leaves, medium/high compression. Aroma is bright sour lemons.
Wet: Fresh green, dark fruits, complex aroma. Full leaves and stems.

5s – Light orange. Sweet sip with medium body, which appears to give some throat rhyme. It is pleasant and not simple or overly complex, but somewhere in between. No smoke or bitterness detected.
10s – Medium orange. Has some thickness in the mouth, and on the swallow I feel some oil from the leaves go down a little time afterwards. Some bitterness.
15s – Light orange. It has some herbal to it and some bright lemons notes that really stood out, and appeared quite randomly. This is not particularly smooth, but it is interesting to drink.
20s – Light orange. Judging by the strength of this tea, I would say it would go another 5 steeps at least. A subsequent session confirmed this.

Flavors: Lemon

8 g 3 OZ / 100 ML
boychik

Yay ( I can’t believe you didn’t buy whole sheng cake before) I admire you being so strong

This tea hit the right notes with me, honestly. I generally prefer mild mellow relaxing teas. This is a Yunnan Pu’ er tea, Mu Yechun 2007 001. The tea is very relaxing, clear light yellow color, crisp, mild, light, smoky, fragrant taste and aroma. I’m happy.