Edit tea info Last updated by

1 Tasting Note View all

From SpecialTeas

Sumatra and Java are the two main tea-growing regions of Indonesia. Java teas are frequently used for Blends, such as English Breakfast Blend, to add a Ceylon-like flavor. This Java Orange Pekoe consists of long, dark leaves that brew a full-bodied, copper-red liquor that is low in tannins with an elegant, spicy aroma. Try with a bit of milk and sugar.

Recommendations: Use 1 level tsp. per 6 oz. cup; heat fresh water to a roaring boil; steep for 3 min.

About SpecialTeas View company

1 Tasting Note

Backlogging

Experience buying from SpecialTeas http://steepster.com/places/2931-specialteas-online-stratford-connecticut

I bought two pounds of this during SpecialTeas’ going-out-of-business sale at the beginning of 2011 for 75 % off (I think we paid roughly $6 for it; yeah, that makes it less than $0.20 /OZ; I don’t think we’ll ever get a tea for less than that).

I think I only brewed it once on it’s own. It was decent tasting. It was also my first loose-leaf black tea. From then on out I have been ‘blending’ it with the flavor-added black teas we have, usually in a ratio of 2 parts flavor-added tea to 1 part Java OP (I have also blended it as 1-1); it seems to blend very well with every tea I’ve tried, such that I can’t tell the difference between not using it and using it ( I always brew up any flavor-added tea w/o the Java the first time). That helps to ‘stretch’ our flavor-added black teas. For that, I am really glad we found this tea! We still have plenty of it (it takes a long time to go through 32 ounces a few teaspoons at a time), and I think it will be around for quite awhile longer. I am leaving off the rating (my first black tea).