Green Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by Geoffrey Norman

1 Tasting Note View all

From Steven Smith Teamaker

Product description not available yet.

About Steven Smith Teamaker View company

1 Tasting Note

This was the third gin-infused/scented tea I’ve tried from Smith Teamaker’s in-house blender, Tony Tellin. The technique used was a different one; Mao Feng green tea was basted in gin for a period of time then re-dried. Or at least, that’s how I understood it. The result was a green tea with a very damp, deeply juniper berry scent. Taste-wise, it had more in common with a freshly-plucked, early spring Long Jing with a lemony/winy presence. Quite fantastic.

Full Write-Up Here: http://lazyliteratus.teatra.de/2011/05/04/mao-feng-gin/

This is one that is only available at the tea shop? I might have to talk my hubby in to taking me for a visit…

Geoffrey Norman

Yep, I think it’s on sale now. SO worth it. It’s not too strong on the gin note as to be unpalatable. Just the right amount o’ berry.

Maybe if I fix him a really nice dinner for when he comes home from work the next couple of days, he’ll take me there on Sunday. :)

or Monday… probably closed on Sunday…

They have a really nice website and pretty cool packaging. (Yeah, I’m into that sort of thing.)

Geoffrey Norman

@LiberTEAS – Yeah, they’re closed on Sunday. Better do it Monday. Just butter him up on Sunday. heh

@QuiltGuppy – I watched an expose that went a little into their packaging design. They put a lot of thought into it.