Citrus Punch

Fruit Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by RubenClark

• “I tasted this in store and bought a big tin because I having tasted T2's Turkish Apple and Strawberries & Cream in store and using the small orange boxes up almost instantly I thought best to buy...” Read full tasting note
    Winter 37 tasting notes
  • “I'm actually not huge on tisanes or iced teas. This one came as a free gift with an order from T2 as part of their Christmas promo so I figured, hey it's summer, hey it's free tea, so hey why not...” Read full tasting note
    cheesecakes 5 tasting notes
  • “A very tart and mouth puckering effect may throw some off ever so slightly, but for somebody like me, this is heaven. Not the best of fruit teas that T2 has to offer (Vanilla Slice and Southern...” Read full tasting note
    KikiLibertine 17 tasting notes

From T2

A sweet and zesty citrus flavoured blend. Great aroma and satisfying fruity flavour. One of T2’s favourite iced tisanes.

About T2 View company

I tasted this in store and bought a big tin because I having tasted T2’s Turkish Apple and Strawberries & Cream in store and using the small orange boxes up almost instantly I thought best to buy big and enjoy and not have to go back for more – such a mistake. Loved it in store and absolutely cannot stand it at home – I made it as per the store’s directions which are usually spot on but it came out like thick citrus flavored syrup – I tried watering it down but even with a drop in the cup and covered in water and ice it still was completely overpowering and the tang rather than being refreshing is sickly sweet (and I have a sweet tooth!). I went back to the store and tried to see if I followed the directions wrong – I hadn’t but they suggested using less and infusing for a shorter period – unfortunately same result.

The other day I was in T2 and they had an ice tea of this mixed with Turkish Cherry to try which I did and it was more palatable. I think the cherry somehow balanced out the tartness as opposed to Turkish Apple which I tried with it and that seemed to highlight the ‘tang’ quality.

I would only recommend this to people who really, really, really love citrus flavours and want a tissane that is full flavoured and sweet on its own. I personally love orange and lemon in most things but find this tea is just too overpowering for me. I have tried it hot and again did not like it although it did seem less intense hot, iced seems to highlight the ‘tang’ of the tea. Would definitely recommend adding Turkish Cherry if you’re making this iced.

I’m actually not huge on tisanes or iced teas. This one came as a free gift with an order from T2 as part of their Christmas promo so I figured, hey it’s summer, hey it’s free tea, so hey why not try it! I prepared it iced, as per T2 instructions, and I was actually expecting something a lot sweeter and something obnoxiously overpowering (I’m not a tisane person at all) but was pleasantly surprised.

There was more tang to it than the sweetness I expected. I suppose it tasted a little watered down (it could be a brewing issue on my end but hey, it’s better than my first try which was essentially just red water haha) but as I already iterated in another tasting note, I like my tea strong. It was all in all a decent iced tea but I think I’ll try it out with some fruit next time to add some more flavour. I say next time because I’m so terrible that there is no fresh fruit in my fridge at the moment

A very tart and mouth puckering effect may throw some off ever so slightly, but for somebody like me, this is heaven. Not the best of fruit teas that T2 has to offer (Vanilla Slice and Southern Sunrise both much more universally appealing and unique tastes I find), but this is a very yummy tea indeed. When drank hot it’s very crisp, yet somehow soothing, almost like drinking hot tea with lemon when you’re sick. Despite the tart finish this tea is actually quite light.

I love this iced, so I might leave a note when I decide to make another iced batch. The weather doesn’t seem to be letting me enjoy iced teas though. I thought it was supposed to be summer!