Monk Pear

Black Fruit Blend
Edit tea info Last updated by Andrea Stephens

• “It's a joke to name this Monk Pear, because it doesn't carry any flavours like pear at all to me. It's just bergamot blended with some weird, artificial fragrance that doesn't even smell/taste like...” Read full tasting note
    larukucafe 302 tasting notes
  • “This is another example of a tea that T2 stuffs up. I love Monk Pear tea and have for many years now after buying the one from The Tea Centre. However, this version does the typical T2 thing...” Read full tasting note
    tina 69 tasting notes
  • “My last cup for a while! I have too many in the cupboard... though monk pear is a sweet treat to which I will probably always return.” Read full tasting note
    memily 599 tasting notes
  • “This is one of my favourite teas - the sweet pear and jasmine really gives that added refreshing zing that you get a hint of with bergamot. (This comes out especially when you drink it...” Read full tasting note
    aquaprofunda 8 tasting notes

From T2

Big, bold and sweet, yet surprisingly humble, a black tea blend with sweet jasmine blossoms, classic bergamot and crisp pear flavours. Pear is there from the outset, but the floral bergamot finish lingers for lovely effect. An almost full-bodied, heavier fruity black that takes a traditional Earl Grey and gives it a fabulously fruity twist.

Brew: 1 teaspoon per 200mls, brew 2-3 minutes in water at 100 degrees Celsius.

Serve: Best black, can take sugar if desired.

Flavour: Fruity, Jasmine, Sweet

Strength: Medium

About T2 View company

It’s a joke to name this Monk Pear, because it doesn’t carry any flavours like pear at all to me. It’s just bergamot blended with some weird, artificial fragrance that doesn’t even smell/taste like fruit. It’s like a cup of Earl Grey that has gone wrong. Shame.

This is another example of a tea that T2 stuffs up.

I love Monk Pear tea and have for many years now after buying the one from The Tea Centre. However, this version does the typical T2 thing and smells great but tastes like perfume. I was really really disappointed by this one.

Boiling

My last cup for a while! I have too many in the cupboard… though monk pear is a sweet treat to which I will probably always return.

This is one of my favourite teas – the sweet pear and jasmine really gives that added refreshing zing that you get a hint of with bergamot. (This comes out especially when you drink it black.)

Everyone I’ve introduced to this tea has adored it.

I love Monk Pear, and I drink it with no added sweeteners or milk. The T2 blend is a little disappointing. It smells great but it has a strong perfume flavour.

Although I am not a fan of artificially flavoured teas in any capacity, Monk Pear is definitely one of the better ones by T2. The pear flavour is subtle but sweet and is a refreshing change from the classic orange you find in most traditional Earl Greys.

I live in a house of very picky tea drinkers and this one is definitely a household favourite

OM NOM NOM. also, added flowers!