OH LA LA OOLONG

Oolong Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by TheTeaFairy

• “Hrm. I don't know. It's good, kinda. But I don't think I'd ever actively reach for it. I like the mango, but if I'm looking for a fruity oolong, I'm always going to reach for Long Life Oolong. De...” Read full tasting note
    ladykittykat 1243 tasting notes
  • “I got more of an Huh La La from this than any specific Ooh. It was very fruity, no disappointment there. The scent of the dry leaf definitely lived up to the tea, but the overall flavour was...” Read full tasting note
    beaut 487 tasting notes
  • “Tea no.1 of Tealish experiment: I have decided to revisit some Tealish teas that I have purchased last spring. I will log them as I taste them. I feel they were never given a fair chance, as I...” Read full tasting note
    TheTeaFairy 406 tasting notes

From Tealish

Many say that oolong tea is divine and we agree. Somewhere between green tea and black tea, you never know quite what you’re going to get until you taste. This oolong will make you say Oooh la la with its toasty body and undercurrents of tropical fruit, including mango and passionfruit.

Brewing Instructions: To prepare a perfect cup of oolong tea, use 1 tsp loose leaf tea per 6-8oz cup. Steep 2-4 minutes in water below boiling, 95°C.

About Tealish View company

Hrm. I don’t know. It’s good, kinda. But I don’t think I’d ever actively reach for it. I like the mango, but if I’m looking for a fruity oolong, I’m always going to reach for Long Life Oolong. De says it’s heavy and I would agree with that. And slightly artificial, but not overly so. All in all, I’m glad I tried it, the fruit flavors are lovely, but I can’t justify making room in my cupboard for this one.

I got more of an Huh La La from this than any specific Ooh.

It was very fruity, no disappointment there. The scent of the dry leaf definitely lived up to the tea, but the overall flavour was very heady and overwhelming; I’d say “oppressive” but it’s only oppressive in that way that an old lady’s perfume is oppressive when she’s standing right beside you. Very off-putting. I don’t know if I would reach for it again.

Tea no.1 of Tealish experiment:

I have decided to revisit some Tealish teas that I have purchased last spring. I will log them as I taste them. I feel they were never given a fair chance, as I am so hooked on David’s teas, I have basically neglected all «The Others». So the first bag I picked out of the hat is: Oh La La Oolong.

I’m a big fan of oolong, and though I am no expert, I can assure you the star in this tea is definitely NOT oolong. In fact, if this would have been a blind test, I would have guessed black tea for sure. I know oolong is a cross between black and green, so there must be different stages of oxidization, that might explain it. Having said that, the thing I love about oolong, is the delicateness of it and yet, so tasty at the same time. I find nothing of that here.

It tastes like a fruity black tea, nothing exceptional about it. Maybe that’s why it wasn’t even posted on Steepster, «very forgettable» as Simon Cowell would say. Don’t get me wrong though, it’s not a waste of money, there is no bad taste here, it’s just too plain and not what I expect from oolong.

So which one is next? …I’m picking again from the hat…let’s see… Queen West Blend! I hope the experiment will be more pleasant this time around, it better be cause I don’t know how long I can stay away from my David’s stash!!!!