Grape Wulong Oolong Tea

Bulk, Loose Leaf
Medium
Edit tea info Last updated by AllanK

From Teavana

Certain to inspire your imagination, bright blueberry gets a subtle grape forward burst of flavor in this vibrant oolong. Rounded out with harmonizing notes of rose petal and hibiscus, this refreshing taste of spring is perfect hot or iced to balance your senses any time of the day.

Medium bodied full orchid oolong notes balanced with ripe blueberry and luscious grape notes

About Teavana View company

So, I first tried this tea in a Teavana store. I had a coupon for a free hot tea, so I tried this. The leaves smell of a wonderful concord grape, which I love! I had them brew it to my instructions (no sugar, 1tbsp/16oz) and it was like drinking warm grape juice with a mild oolong note at the end. I personally loved it then.

A few months later, I was in Teavana to purchase some of their “end of year” sale items and noticed that this tea was 75% off! I bought 8oz of it, thinking I would drink it quickly, but it definitely doesn’t taste like what I had in the store anymore.. Not sure why, but the grape flavor isn’t really noticeable and it’s just like drinking a low-quality oolong that makes you go “…meh.”

Flavors: Blueberry, Grapes

carol who

Yikes! Eight ounces! You might try leafing it a bit heavier than normal. I’ve often found I need to with Teavana teas.

kieblera5

I can’t resist a good sale! And since I liked it so much (I would have rated it 90 at the initial taste), I thought it was worth it.

Anlina

I hope you figure out a way to make it delicious, cause 8oz is a lot to get through.

The smell of the leaves is amazing, when I first tasted the tea the flavor is mostly grapes, they overcome the flavor of the Oolong tea, for some that might be a bad thing, to me I really care about the final flavor and I did enjoyed this one, maybe not to buy some ounces, but still is a good tea. Maybe next time I’ll try it iced.

Flavors: Grapes

Picked this one out today almost my chance. It is not great, not terrible and a little too sweet. I think it would make an excellent iced tea as it has very little bitterness and astringency. I would only cautiously recommend someone try this tea. Some people will like it, more probably will not.

Flavors: Grapes

I bought 2 oz. of this tea based on the smell alone. Unfortunately, I didn’t enjoy it all. I ended up returning it to Teavana.

2 tsp 16 OZ / 473 ML

Tastes quite a bit like grape juice, which is a bit comforting when the initial smell is more of an artificial grape candy type smell. It’s definitely very light, but I’m almost disappointed that it doesn’t have more of a grape-ier flavor to it. Definitely a good iced tea, though!

I tried this one iced in the store, and after the first sip, decided not to take it home (not for lack of effort on the barista’s part, I might add). I thought the copious amounts of hibiscus I saw in the tin would mellow out in an iced brew, and I may have been correct, but I don’t think I’ll ever know, because it was steeped a bit too long for my liking, and all I could really taste was bitterness from oversteeped oolong and a bit of artificial grape flavor, kind of like Kool-Aid. I won’t be getting or trying this one again.

200 °F / 93 °C 3 min, 30 sec 3 tsp

Smell wise: Dry it smells a lot like Grape flavored Nerds. Wet, not so much artificial tasting alittle bit more like grape juice.

Taste: a hint of grape closely followed up by what I’m assuming is the Oolong because it tastes a lot like the other Oolongs I’ve had. This will probably make a good iced tea though I am not impressed by it. Not going to buy this one again.

I tasted this in the store and really liked it. I ended up buying 4oz while it was on sale 30% off. It was definitely sweetened with their German rock sugar, so we will see how much I have to sweeten it to taste the same at home.