Indian Spiced Chai

Chai Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by Jack Gallagher

From Twinings

Based on a centuries-old recipe native to India, Chai is served with milk and is often sweetened to enhance the flavour of the spices. In India, Chai is cherished for producing a warming and soothing effect.

About Twinings View company

I don’t have much to say about this blend, really. It’s pretty generic. I greatly prefer the Bigelow Vanilla Chai, probably just because the vanilla note really sticks out in that blend and makes it a little bit unique. This tea needs more something… more spice, more chai, more flavour in general. It’s pretty non-descript and kind of boring!

Grabbed this for a morning cup in the hopes that it would wake me up a little, as well as warm me up. It’s an ok chai, not too exciting to be honest. I added a generous amount of rock sugar and quite a bit of milk to make it more latte like (I love Starbucks chai lattes LOL) but it really is kind of bland. It’s passable, but I wish it had more spice to it to make it more exciting. If you’re looking for a milder indian chai, then this would probably do for you :)

I like this when I make a Chai latte at home. I will cheat and use 2 bags but that is only because i« want the BANG of the spices to really hit.

Amanda Earl

i always use two bags as well. :)

It’ll do. I’d rather spend money on a better chai, though, if I’m going this route. More middling than any other Twinings blend I’ve tried so far…and I’ve tried a lot. Kind of disappointing in its mediocrity. At least it doesn’t suck.

P.S. Yes, Andy, it’s chai. XD

Very nice with hot milk and a little sugar. Mmm.

This one is a little less spiced than usual, I like it as a light chai to drink later in the evening.

Dude, I’m so frigging chai right now.

Just bought this – still on the search for a quick and easy chai… this is not great, but doesn’t totally suck. It’s kind of weak. You have to drink it really hot, because as it cools the flavor changes and gets kind of icky.

I liked this pretty well. I drank it plain while eating some (very) sweet cake. I don’t have much of a sweet tooth so the spice/chai taste evened things out well. I can’t compare it with any other chai teas though, the only other kind I’ve ever purchased my sister drank all of it before I could get any.

I used to dislike chai, but I got used to it (even started craving it!) from this specific indian restaurant in Berkeley, CA. After moving I went on a hunt for that perfect chai blend, and this tea is the closest I got. Nowadays I’ve actually switched to making my own chai (very easy with a few basic spices, tons of recipe variations online) using some loose-leaf assam tea, but this is a decent bagged chai that I like to have at work. Its great with milk, and I tend to avoid adding sweeteners but its good with a bit of sugar too. My favorite part is that it is still pretty good without any additives either, so very convenient for away-from-home.