Big Red Robe Da Hong Pao

Oolong Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by Will

From Yunnan Sourcing

Big Red Robe, a myth, a legend!

This Da Hong Pao falls into the category of an excellent fermented Red Oolong that was created by cloning Original Da Hong Pao. The flavor is strong but smooth. Full of body and flavor. 40% oxidization.

This is a higher grade than we sold previously, so give this a try. I think you’ll like it!

Harvest time: Fall 2009
Origin: Wu Yi Mountain of Fujian

About Yunnan Sourcing View company

I bought this dark roast oolong along with the light roast oolong I wrote about yesterday. It starts out smooth on the tongue and finishes on a dry, slightly bitter (but still pleasant) note. It is a solid oolong, but when it comes time to restock, I think I will stick with the light roast version.

Lori

I am very tempted to try this company’s yunnan black tea. It definitely makes more sense to purchase directly from the source…

Will

I have tried several of their black teas. The quality is unbeatable. If you are a pu’erh drinker, they are by far the best source for aged teas. Since it comes from China, the shipping takes a few weeks, but in the scheme of things the overall cost is comparable to american vendors.

Lori

True about the cost- shipping is more expensive but then the prices seem generally less. As another benefit of purchasing closer to the source, more details are provided such as harvest date and location…

I adore the little dark brown twisted loose tea look that this tea has. As I was brewing I imagined that each piece was a soldier who was giving the ultimate sacrifice to give my cup of tea full on flavour.

It has a beautiful dark golden hue and it smells very earthy but fresh. A dry and slightly bitter taste but very pleasing. It is smoky yet subtle and fresh, there is something magical about it’s flavour.

Simply wonderful.

First time trying this tea. May become my favorite. Robust heavy smoked. 1st, 30s, 2nd 15s…