SPRING 2012 "HIGH MOUNTAIN RED" AI LAO MOUNTAIN BLACK TEA

Edit tea info Last updated by Dorothy
205 °F / 96 °C

1 Tasting Note View all

• “Today I short steeped this three times. Overall it had a light, mellow, refreshing quality and a "typical" black tea flavour. Normally I prepare this western style, which is better for a...” Read full tasting note
    DMTea 302 tasting notes

From Yunnan Sourcing

High mountain tea grow at 2000 meters on Ai Lao Shan in Zhenyuan area of Simao. Picked and processed only from the first flush of spring this black tea is lightly oxidized and processed similiar to Taiwanese black tea or Wu Yi Rock tea. There is a still a greenish tinge left to the leaves! The brewed tea is rich and thick with hints of dried Longan fruit with a protracted mouth feeling!

Mid-March 2012 harvest!

About Yunnan Sourcing View company

1 Tasting Note

Today I short steeped this three times. Overall it had a light, mellow, refreshing quality and a “typical” black tea flavour.

Normally I prepare this western style, which is better for a stronger flavour. My husband enjoys taking this tea to work, along with the other black teas we ordered from YS.

Steep parameters:
100ml gaiwan, 5g, rinse + 3 steeps (30s, 45s, 1m)

205 °F / 96 °C