2006 Nan Jian Phoenix Ripe Pu-erh Tea Mini Brick

Camphor, Earth, Forest Floor, Mushrooms
Edit tea info Last updated by Kirkoneill1988

From Yunnan Sourcing

2006 Nan Jian Phoenix Ripe Pu-erh Tea Mini Brick * 100 grams

These mini bricks are made from Wu Liang Mountain and Lincang area. Gong Ting Grade, Grade 1 and Grade 3 ripe teas were used. Fermentation batch was completed in 2005 and tea was pressed in 2006. Nan Jian Tu Lin tea factory has a long history of (more than 30 years) producing Pu-erh teas. Their productions are often similiar to Xiaguan productions in their choice of raw materials, blending and processing techniques. Tulin brand fermented teas are well-known for their balanced flavor and sweet after-taste and complex flavor. A great choice for an everyday drinking ripe pu-erh tea.

About Yunnan Sourcing View company

Ru Yao dragon teapot gongfu:

Dry leaves: smells musty and slightly earthy.

Wet leaves: smells like wet fall leaves, Forrest floor and earthy. Slightly musty.

Light steep: I taste light earth and light fall leaves. Medium camphor, No mushrooms and minor minerals.

Very tasty!

Medium steep: I taste earth, medium camphor, medium mushrooms, medium minerals, strong Forrest floor and strong fall leaves.

Quite tasty!

Heavy steep: medium minerals strong earth, strong Forrest floor, strong fall leaves, medium mushrooms and medium camphor.

Extremely tasty!

All in all, this tea is still amazing.

I still rate this tea a 100! Definately recommend this both western and gongfu style! :D

You make this sound gorgeous! – I’ve never tried brewing puerh up western style, I thought it would make the tea way too strong and stewed-tasting, but I might try it out on a couple of samples I have – what sort of parameters do you use for that?

well i suggest you don’t use more than 5g of this nan jian phoenix tea (for western style). 1 min steep should be good. but remember, whats good for me may not be good for you, so experiment. as for other shou. its really an experiment.

i hope this help. im not really good at explaining this :(

‘Course you are! That’s exactly what I meant – how long you steep it for :) I usually go for very short steeps getting a bit longer each time, but I’m keen to try out the way other people brew their teas, to get a new perspective (and possibly an even more delicious cup!) :)

that’s a good plan :D