Oolong Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by K S

• “I used yesterday's leaf and steeped three more cups (total of five - 12oz mugs). The last still had nice floral flavor and the lemon and lime were still mildly present. Rehashing a bit the...” Read full tasting note
    ks6 1162 tasting notes
  • “*K S* shared this so generously with me! Thank you! I was warned to get past the first cup, as he found it a bit strong, so I made two steeps in rapid succession and blended them together. The...” Read full tasting note
    ashmanra 1770 tasting notes

From Zenjala Tea Company

A blend of meyer lemon oolong and lime oolong teas make this brew sweet and tasty.

About Zenjala Tea Company View company

I used yesterday’s leaf and steeped three more cups (total of five – 12oz mugs). The last still had nice floral flavor and the lemon and lime were still mildly present.

Rehashing a bit the first cup was so lemon lime it tasted fake – like you would expect from a flavored tea bag. Maybe if I used a short first steep it would be greatly improved. The rest of the cups were excellent and highly floral like a high mountain oolong with lemon lime more in the background. I think the base is Huang Jin Gui (Golden Osmanthus) and it is very nice. Really like this one. If I can figure out how to improve cup one I may up the rating even more.

CHAroma

Well, it is an oolong so you could toss the first cup like lots of people do.

K S

That’s just crazy talk! lol. I do this with puerh sometimes, but only as a last resort.

CHAroma

Hahahaha!! I completely agree! But I’ve heard this is a common practice, so I thought I’d mention it. :P I never throw out tea unless it’s completely gross and undrinkable, which fortunately isn’t often.

K S

I don’t remember the last cup I couldn’t drink. I can’t even remember the last cup of aweful tea I have had. In the world of tea, I have been smiled upon :)

K S shared this so generously with me! Thank you!

I was warned to get past the first cup, as he found it a bit strong, so I made two steeps in rapid succession and blended them together. The dry leaf looks like a very good, very pretty oolong. Now the tea…

This is like having a cup of lemon lime candies in liquid form! Some teas don’t taste candy like until you add sugar. Not this! This is almost a Sweetart. At first I thought it was more lime than lemon, then I looked at the description and saw that the lemon is Meyer Lemon, something I was just introduced to this year. And it is delicious! It isn’t puckery tart to me, just lemon lime and sweet. The flavors are powerful enough that on these steeps I am not getting a ton of oolong flavor, but I bet that is going to come out in the next ones!

I am looking forward to the upcoming steeps.

K S

Glad you enjoyed this one. I loved the later steeps where the oolong comes alive.