drank Løv is Pure by Løv Organic

I was unsure what to expect with this one, as the name tells me nothing about it. I remembered that it had green tea in it, and once I opened the packet I could see green maté in the sachet, as well as pieces of dried apple. Wow, for some reason the dry scent was very powerful in an almost spicy manner, and I have no idea where that came from… Strange!

Um… So the steeped liquid actually smells smoky. (Is that a maté thing…?) I can also smell apple and citrus, but the smoke is quite strong. According to Steepster chat, green maté “tastes like green beans and dirt”, so maybe the strong earthy presence is what I’m smelling here. Wow, this certainly tastes quite earthy in an almost mineral way. The citrus is actually a really nice complement to the flavor of the maté, though I don’t think I taste apple or green tea here. Strange, but not bad.

Flavors: Citrus, Citrus Zest, Earth, Mineral

175 °F / 79 °C 3 min, 0 sec 8 OZ / 236 ML
Kittenna

Yes, I think smoke might be a mate thing to some degree.

Comments

Kittenna

Yes, I think smoke might be a mate thing to some degree.

Hi, I’m Cameron! I’m a 30-year-old software engineer currently living in Austin, Texas with my husband and our two pugs, Gobo and Ume. I tend to cycle between my different hobbies, and they include knitting, video games, board games, miniature painting, and – of course – TEA! But really, what I’m best at is collecting hobby related-things… ;)

I prefer my tea lukewarm or at room temperature and without milk or sugar. I will often sweeten iced tea. I brew Western style, and fluctuate between using mugs or teapots with small cups depending on the season. Occasionally I’ll brew Gongfu style when I’m in the mood.

Tea Preferences:
I enjoy both flavored and unflavored teas in many forms. These days, I drink mostly flavored teas, and I tend to gravitate most toward black, green, and oolong varieties. I do have a special fondness for straight Japanese green teas, however.

Fruit: All of them! My ‘go-to’s tend to be in the red fruits, stonefruit, or citrus spectra. I also really love apple, banana, berry, fig, lychee, melon, pear, and rhubarb flavors. Tropical fruits aren’t among my favorites, but I still enjoy them once in a while – especially mango and pineapple. I am not generally a fan of coconut in tea, though there are some exceptions.

Dessert: I love creamy vanilla and marshmallow flavors, along with anything in the caramel family such as butterscotch, toffee, or maple. Chocolate is also a favorite, though I’m often disappointed by it in tea. And don’t forget anything buttery, cakey, or cookie-y!

Floral: I’m a little bit more particular in this category. I very much enjoy jasmine, even strong jasmine, along with sakura and chamomile. But I’m not crazy about rose or lavender flavors, and I prefer hibiscus in moderation only.

Spices: I don’t generally find myself drawn to masala chai, but I do enjoy spices combined with other flavors. My favorite spices are the warm ones, especially cinnamon, nutmeg, anise, and cardamom. A bit of heat from black pepper or chili is okay too, as long as it’s not overwhelming! Ginger can be a lovely accent, but I find it difficult to drink as a starring flavor.

Aromatics: I’m obsessed with Earl Grey! I also love cooling flavors such as mint (especially spearmint), pine, juniper, and eucalyptus. I am not a fan of strong rosemary or sage in tea.

Favorite Purveyors:

80-89: Great – a possible staple
70-79: Good, but I wouldn’t buy it
60-69: It’s decent
50-59: Meh… I may or may not have finished the cup
40-49: Ick. Couldn’t finish it.
00-39: Repulsive, I spat it out