drank Main Squeeze by DAVIDsTEA

Dry leaves smell almost like Elf Help. The first time I had this was little over a month ago and I found it to be a bit weak for my tastes.

Tonight I decided I wanted something fruity- it was a toss up between the remainder of this or Kiwi’s Big Adventure. Remembering how watery it was the first time, I dumped the last of my fourteen gram sample into my teapot and let it sit for six minutes.

Taking the wet leaves out, wooooo! Is there really no ginger OR orange in this? It smells almost exactly like my ginger pineapple orange drink that I get at the university. It’s zappy.

The flavour is more toned down than the aroma but it’s still deceiving! The leafy materiel and pineapple come together to give it a pleasant acidic citrus note but it’s mostly sweetness- like SunnyD? Safflower contributes a nice oily sweet texture.

This time around, Main Squeeze wasn’t a bad drink at all! I bet this would be good iced. Still, I can’t help but think this is some relative to Elf Help every time I take a sip. Maybe it’s the candy orange papaya notes.

crazy4u

Main squeeze was one of my favorites I have tryed yet. I also like elf help. And now that I think about it they do taste similar, but I think I tasted more things in elf help. But both yummy but they both can be bland at times, but I think it has more to do with r lol

CrowKettle

It’s been ages since I’ve had Elf Help but it was my first fruity candy tea so I compare it to almost everything (maybe unfairly)! I can understand where the love for Main Squeeze comes from though- it’s so sweet, refreshing and clean. Maybe in the summer I’ll appreciate it more!

I hear you on “it’s more to do with me” too. Sometimes I read the tasting notes on hear and it feels like I’m drinking a completely different thing. Once in a while i can blame that to having an odd ingredient ratio in a blend but oftentimes it’s just my funny preferences kicking in :)

Comments

crazy4u

CrowKettle

White teas, roasted/fired green teas, and the not so roasted green oolong varieties are my favourites. I enjoy the odd shu puerh too.

Currently looking for the most buttery and sweet green oolong I can find.

Ingredients/flavours I enjoy (in moderation): anise, butter, caramel, cedar, cream, grapefruit, jasmine, lavender, lemon, lilac, lime, maple, marshmallow leaves, melon, mint, orchid, pine, rice, rose, vanilla.

Subjective Rating System 2.0:

86-90: A favourite tea. May have quality flaws that I choose to ignore.

BC, Lower Mainland