The loose leaf smells dominantly of peppermint but this steeped up (ha! unintentional) to having a very creamy “Christmas” aroma. Think peppermint white chocolate bark, maybe.

The flavour is still heavy on the peppermint with a light (not to sweet) white chocolate finish. It reminds me a lot of Cocomint Cream from last year. Of course this doesn’t have the coconut, the blackberry leaves, and I’m hoping the apple (there’s something fruity in the flavour though).

Freshness and cream are both good things in my book. Right now I like this one the most out of the new 2013 winter blends. My main complaints are that there’s stevia in here, the surface is oily (chocolate), and I get funky lime green droplets on the inside of my mug. The last one might be kind of cool actually. I’ve mixed feelings about it.

Courtney

I also noticed the oily surface and green droplets hah. So bizarre.

CrowKettle

I guess the oil is inescapable when using coconut or chocolate. I wish I knew what made the green droplets though.

Michelle Butler Hallett

The green droplets are a deal-breaker for me. I really appreciate your reviews of these Winter Collection teas. I don’t think I’d enjoy a single one of them.

Cavocorax

The green drops are odd. I’ve got them too!

Courtney

That is true about the oil. Perhaps the green is some sort of amalgamation of the peppermint green and adhesive-like chocolate?

CrowKettle

I was thinking that might be the cause too. I’m not too put off by it, even though the broth itself is a murky, pale gold.. the green is “grinchy” in comparison.

Courtney

“Grinchy” haha! Yes I wasn’t too put off with it, but I did take a moment to notice and think about it. Either way, I did find the tea refreshing.

Uniquity

I think the green drops are mint oil/extract. It’s often coloured green. At least I hope they are. Yuck!

Comments

Courtney

I also noticed the oily surface and green droplets hah. So bizarre.

Michelle Butler Hallett

Cavocorax

The green drops are odd. I’ve got them too!

Uniquity

Currently looking for the most buttery and sweet green oolong I can find.

Subjective Rating System 2.0:

86-90: A favourite tea. May have quality flaws that I choose to ignore.

BC, Lower Mainland