I’ve gotten to the point where I’m just drinking the same tea over and over again. I want more old friends around (in manageable amounts), as opposed to non-committing strangers (which I’ll take by the cup where I can). I’m sure I’ll change my mind and move on, but I need to get sick of some of favourites first.

This citrus-cream rooibos will forever remind me of summer, family feuds, cheap, “Motel 8-esque” style accommodation, Disneyworld, and.. Butiki’s Taiwanese Assam. Yes, this tea reminds how much I love a completely unrelated tea; it’s part of the pleasure in drinking it.

Flavors: Cream

Courtney

I just went through this phase. It’s always good to have the favourites. So comforting :)

CrowKettle

I’m glad to hear others go through this. :) I feel like I need to get back to my basics.

OMGsrsly

I’m trying to get back to basics. Really. I think I’m at about 195 again, but have to go through every single tea to check.

CrowKettle

Oh, and that number will go up even more when I bring you your Bellocq teas.. and potentially some matcha. :)

OMGsrsly

And after I order this weekend, although about half of what I’m getting will be going to my parents and brother as gifts. Still. That leaves half for me!

Cavocorax

Basics are nice. I’m leaning more towards big quantities of great teas, and less of the risky samples. That makes it easier to restock too. :D I’m not opposed to trying new teas, but I no longer feel OMG I NEED IT TOO like I used to.

Comments

Courtney

Cavocorax

White teas, roasted/fired green teas, and the not so roasted green oolong varieties are my favourites. I enjoy the odd shu puerh too.

Currently looking for the most buttery and sweet green oolong I can find.

Ingredients/flavours I enjoy (in moderation): anise, butter, caramel, cedar, cream, grapefruit, jasmine, lavender, lemon, lilac, lime, maple, marshmallow leaves, melon, mint, orchid, pine, rice, rose, vanilla.

Subjective Rating System 2.0:

86-90: A favourite tea. May have quality flaws that I choose to ignore.

BC, Lower Mainland