I think I’m just not a Ceylon gal. I’ve tried 3 cups and a whole pot of this now and I’m just not noticing anything that jumps out at me as awesome. It’s a good tea that falls into the category of “tea-tea” for me. I’d never turn down a cup of it but at the same time I’m not sure yet that I’d keep it on hand on purpose. I am going to keep on experimenting with time, temp and leaf amount though and see if I can squeak out of it what gmathis got out of it. :) So no rating for now.

This latest steep was for 2 minutes at about 200F as 3 at boiling made it too bitter for my taste. It wasn’t bitter but it wasn’t smooth either. Magic spot, reveal yourself to me! :)

Bonnie

A lower temp might work better.

i tend to agree with you nicole but i keep hoping it’ll blow my socks off someday

Comments

Bonnie

A lower temp might work better.

Tea afficionado & founder of the Midwest Tea Festival. I wish I could make a living creating and serving tea parties, but alas, bills prevent that possibility. :) So I make do by catering tea parties for friends and co-workers and drinking tons of tea with my cats on my lap. :)

Kansas City, MO