drank Lemon Lift by Bigelow

Sipdown! I’m tired, so I think I just want bagged tea with supper. Actually making the meal itself was exhausting enough, I don’t know if I have the patience to make anything really finicky.

I was craving lemon, and the only other lemon tea I have lying around that’s bagged is the Lipton Lemon that I keep around for guests – and that stuff is just disgusting. So, I settled on this.

The dry leaf smells more like spice than lemon. Although, steeped it smells actually quite lemony. First few sips aren’t half bad – the lemon doesn’t initially taste artificial or “neo citron” like, and the spices are pretty well balanced. Something in the back of my head is telling me I didn’t like this one though, and that I had some left not because I was “reserving it for later” but because it took so long to drink the box and I’m putting off finishing it.

Oh. That’s why. I’m like a third done the cup and only now am I really being hit with the aftertaste. It’s this really overwhelming spicy flavour with bad artificial lemon taste, and it’s sort of making my tongue feel a little bit scratchy (if that makes sense). Bleck. It’s sad, because the initial taste isn’t really so bad – but the aftertaste (which is really quite delayed) ruins any potential this tea had.

Sorry Bigelow, I don’t think I’ll be restocking.

Hello;

My name is Kelly. I’m a twenty something tea drinker and reviewer living in Saskatchewan, Canada. I started drinking loose leaf fairly casually three(ish) years ago, and at some point between then and now that ‘fun little hobby’ turned into a serious obsession.

You know you’ve got it bad when you get your hobby tattooed to your arm.

I’m a TAC trained Tea Sommelier!

My Goal for The New Year (2017) is to make time for at least one long, proper Gong Fu session every week because it’s something I deeply enjoy doing but struggle to make time for…

My default for preparation is Western Style with zero additive. The exception to this is matcha which I drink in straight milk with no additives. So unless I mention otherwise you can assume that I’ve prepared my tea Western style without added ingredients/sweeteners.

Least favourite flavours/ingredients:
Lemongrass, ginger/“Chai” in general, overly vegetal or marine, chamomile, sometimes mango or peach

Currently exploring/looking to try: Straight Pu’Erh or Dark/Roasted Oolong, Sweet Potato flavoured blends or straight teas with strong sweet potato notes, and anything with Goji berries

Tea Pet Reference Guide:

Clay Pixiu Dragons: Zak & Wheezie
Clay Monkey: Enzo
Ruyao Carp: Splashy
Ceramic Rabbit: Rupert
Ceramic Horse: Bergamot

If you see me writing about sharing tea with any of them that’s what I’m talking about ;)

I also have two real life pets:

The URL to my tumblr blog is: guyfierithirdandfinalantichrist

Regina, SK, Canada