drank Cranberry Pear by DAVIDsTEA

Today sucked! This was the only day I have off for maybe the next 10-12 days (yay being a manager with a crazy busy schedule…), and instead of sleeping in and enjoying the French Toast breakfast that my roommate Tre, who is studying to be a professional chef), had promised to make I was instead awoken by a phone call asking me to come in to work today to fill a shift for someone who had called in sick. I mean, I guess it was my choice to accept or not – but I felt like it would have looked sort of bad if I (soon to be manager at my own store) wasn’t able to be flexible/come in when people were sick. Part of this new promotion is putting in a lot of time outside of work hours and sacrificing what little social life I have. I wouldn’t have minded – except I really wanted to sleep in until like noon and then have an awesome French Toast breakfast…

But oh well, at least I have my tea!

This was very nearly a sipdown for me. I think I have enough for, say, two more cups? That’s good because this is one I definitely wanted to ‘upgrade’ to a tin instead of just a little sample bag – but bad because there’s still lots of tea in the tin I was hoping to use for it.

For preparation, I used a heaping 1/2 tbsp. which I steeped in boiling water for 5 minutes (10 oz. mug), and then poured into my water bottle. At the time of drinking this, it was cold. Very smooth and creamy with a strong but balanced taste of both pear and cranberry. I love this blend and can’t wait to have a tin of it so I can drink it more frequently without worrying about using up the last of the sample.

I really like this hot too (even though I haven’t had it hot in a while) – it makes a great switch up from my other fruity teas which are typically either herbal, citrus, or lighter white teas.

Hello;

My name is Kelly. I’m a twenty something tea drinker and reviewer living in Saskatchewan, Canada. I started drinking loose leaf fairly casually about five years ago, and at some point between then and now that ‘fun little hobby’ turned into a serious obsession.

You know you’ve got it bad when you get your hobby tattooed to your arm.

I’m a TAC certified Tea Sommelier!

Least favourite flavours/ingredients:

Tea Pet Reference Guide:

Clay Pixiu Dragons: Zak & Wheezie
Clay Monkey: Enzo
Ruyao Carp: Splashy
Ceramic Rabbit: Rupert
Ceramic Horse: Bergamot
Ceramic Snail: Snicket

I also have two real life pets:

SK, Canada