Well, that finishes up the cold brew of this one! Delicious!

Also, I just got the day’s mail, which included a very mustachioed swap package from VariaTEA! It’s huuugeeee and I can’t wait to dig into it!

VariaTEA

Haha I do apologize for the ridiculous (although pretty hilarious) tape. It was all I had but I am happy the teas arrived safely and hopefully you find some tasty treats inside.

Roswell Strange

Also, officially over 200 now for the first time ever… 211, to be precise.

haha Yes!!

VariaTEA

It was a tad bit of a goal to push you over the 200 mark. You know have more teas than I do :P

It would have been 213, but two were blends I already had ;P

VariaTEA

I think I realized that after sealing the envelope but just got lazy to take stuff out. Hopefully you like them. Also I am sure my number will go up as soon as yours or any of the other swaps I am waiting for arrives.

Roswell Strange

Mine had 19 blends it ;P And I know you have lots on the way as well. Personally, I think I maybe had something from Keychange (Her Eight Candles sample that made her sick?) and then my RiverTea order – but nothing else on the way! Except maybe Day 4 of the 12 Days exchange which never showed up :(

VariaTEA

I don’t even recall how many teas I ended up sending because I just kept adding.

Roswell Strange

34… 32 of which I didn’t already have in my cupboard (and not counting the ones already in my cupboard, I’d only tried two others previously; Red Velvet Cake and Lime Gelato).

VariaTEA

Wait I sent your Red Velvet Cake? As in the DAVIDs one?

VariaTEA

Oh nvm. You mean the Stash one. I was wondering why I would send a tea you hated.

Definitely the Stash one – which is so much better than DT’s awful version :P

I am the reverse. I actually really liked the DAVIDs

Comments

VariaTEA

Roswell Strange

Also, officially over 200 now for the first time ever… 211, to be precise.

haha Yes!!

It would have been 213, but two were blends I already had ;P

VariaTEA

Wait I sent your Red Velvet Cake? As in the DAVIDs one?

Definitely the Stash one – which is so much better than DT’s awful version :P

I am the reverse. I actually really liked the DAVIDs

Hello;

You know you’ve got it bad when you get your hobby tattooed to your arm.

I’m a TAC certified Tea Sommelier!

You name it, I probably drink it.

In that vein, I’ll drink just about any type of tea – the only ones I have a particularly strong distaste for are green teas and Chai, with some exceptions of course. I have a weird relationship with Sheng pu’erh, but have been gradually increasing the amount of it I consume – currently I have a particular fascination with Yiwu Sheng. Other types of tea that I greatly enjoy are Yancha and other dark, heavily oxidized or roasted oolongs, most shou, black tea, and compressed/aged white teas. I’ll absolutely try anything once though; and I like to have an open mind and explore lots of tea types, even if I have reservations. I’ll probably never leave that “Exploratory” phase…

Least favourite flavour notes/ingredients:

Ceramic Horse: Bergamot
Ceramic Snail: Snicket
Ceramic Cat: Saffron
Wood Fired Man: Leopold

Currently I’m employed in the tea department of the DAVIDsTEA head office. While I’m still sharing my own personal thoughts on new & existing DAVIDsTEA blends, I am no longer numerically rating them due to the obvious conflict of interest. Any comments expressed are a reflection of my own thoughts and opinions, and do not reflect the thoughts and opinions of the company. Any DAVIDsTEA blends you currently see with a numeric score were reviewed prior to my being hired there and have not been adjusted since becoming a DAVIDsTEA employee.

Montreal, QC, CA