I think I might cry. I’ve been having a really, really bad month.

Anyway, last night at around midnight my laptop sort of just froze while I was in the middle of browsing Steepster and doing a virus scan, so I force restarted it. Except, when the computer restarted it didn’t really restart… Instead what shows up is:

Reboot and Select Boot Device
or Insert Boot Media in selected Boot device and press a key

Tre says that means my hard drive has failed, and that I need to go in and have it repaired. I guess I’ve lost all my information for the last nearly two years, since it wasn’t backed up. I just can’t handle all this fucking stress – and I have no idea what the cost is going to be for a new hard drive, but it’ll probably be a fair bit and on top of all the dentist costs I have, I doubt I can afford it. Like, WHAT THE FUCK. There was no warning – what the hell caused it to crash? I really wish I was technologically inclined because I need my laptop.

Anyway, at least there wasn’t a whole lot important on my computer anyway. I didn’t have iTunes or any meaningful pictures, no downloaded games or really much of anything. The one thing that comes to mind is my resume, but I actually have that saved in my email and sent to Tre…

Thank God I have an interview tomorrow, so fingers crossed I’ll set a good impression and get hired because I could really, really use an income right now.

So anyway, I’m using Tre’s laptop for now while he’s at school – but likely am not going to have regular internet use for awhile so don’t expect me to be on Steepster as often, sadly.

I think I’ve said it a million times this month in between all the unfortunate happenings, but at least I have tea in the mean time to hold me over. Tea is reliable, and it doesn’t tend to spontaneously crash on you.

keychange

My gosh. When it rains it pours. I had the exact same thing happen to my computer several months ago, and it was fixed for just under 200 dollars. And by fixed I mean that a new hard drive was installed and the computer was reformatted. Uggh. I hope the job interview goes well. Hang in there.

Rosehips

Aww! I’m sorry things suck right now. Best of luck on your job interview. I’ll keep my fingers crossed.

Roswell Strange

The only two things I think I’m really worried about not having – which are actually relatively trivial, are my master spreadsheet for all my tea and then the master spreadsheet for all my Pokemon games. It’s not that they’re irreplaceable or anything, it was just a lot of hard work and time put into them. But if the interview doesn’t go well, I was using the computer to find job listing/apply places.

caile

VariaTEA

That really sucks, Roswell Strange. I am so sorry to hear that. At least there was not anything TOO important lost. Hopefully everything works out in the interview tomorrow and things start turning around soon.

TeaBrat

yes, good luck with everything…

Veronica

Best of luck tomorrow! I’m sorry things have been so rotten lately. :(

TheTeaFairy

So sorry, fingers crossed for you. Good luck and yes, keep tea close by at all time…

boychik

Good luck

tigress_al

That sucks, the same thing happened to me not too long ago, and I lost some pictures that I didn’t have saved anywhere else yet :(
Good luck tomorrow!

Comments

keychange

Rosehips

Roswell Strange

caile

VariaTEA

TeaBrat

yes, good luck with everything…

Veronica

Best of luck tomorrow! I’m sorry things have been so rotten lately. :(

TheTeaFairy

boychik

Good luck

tigress_al

Hello;

You know you’ve got it bad when you get your hobby tattooed to your arm.

I’m a TAC certified Tea Sommelier!

You name it, I probably drink it.

In that vein, I’ll drink just about any type of tea – those only ones I have a particularly strong distaste for are green teas and Chai, with some exceptions of course. I have a weird relationship with Sheng pu’erh, but have been gradually increasing the amount of it I consume – currently I have a particular fascination with Yiwu Sheng. Other types of tea that I greatly enjoy are Yancha and other dark, heavily oxidized or roasted oolongs, most shou, black tea, and compressed/aged white teas. I’ll absolutely try anything once though; and I like to have an open mind and explore lots of tea types, even if I have reservations. I’ll probably never leave that “Exploratory” phase…

Least favourite flavour notes/ingredients: