Thanks again for the sample swap, AJ Rimmer! This was the tea that basically started the swap. I really wanted to try it. ALSO, in amazing Bird & Blend news, they have new book blends and one of them is PAN GALACTIC GARGLE BLASTER. Now if only the blend sounded appealing… but it’s mint and and black currant which is just weird. It looks like it has new gold sprinkles though! On to this tea… I love lemon meringue pie but not sure if I’ve had key lime pie? I had some lemon pie ice cream to go with this tea. (Turkey Hill… it’s pretty good!) Honestly, this one tastes like Della Terra’s Chiffon blends to me. Which is great, I love those. But there is possibly more of a lemon peel sort of flavor here that is only noticeable because that seems to be the only difference from the Della Terra Chiffon. Thankfully the rosehips don’t make an appearance in this blend, unless it was that my teaspoon didn’t have rosehips. But it was also missing that biscuity flavor I wanted to find. Both steeps tasted identical. I do like the citrus element with the slight cream. I’m very glad I was able to try it!
Steep #1 // 1 teaspoon for a full mug // 13 minutes after boiling // 2 minute steep
Steep #2 // just boiled // 3 minute steep