A Winters Treat

Oolong Tea
Cinnamon, Fruity, Nutty, Roasted, Roasted Barley, Spices, Toasty
Organic, Vegan
Edit tea info Last updated by 52Teas

• “It snowed today where I live, which is extremely uncommon. Especially more than a cm which melts within 12 hours. It’s at at least 8 cm out there, and it continues to fall. I felt it was only right...” Read full tasting note
  • “I tried to look at my old tasting notes to see what I thought about this tea and turns out I wrote a very useless note. Basically I was unsure about how I felt regarding this tea because I love...” Read full tasting note
  • “Still love this one. Not sure if I tasted banana specifically but there’s just this creamy umami fluffy deliciousness that I seriously can’t get enough of. Could probably drink this one every day....” Read full tasting note
  • “Oolong blends are hit or miss for me; this one was a miss. It smelled delicious. The smell of dry leaf reminded me of the Snickerdoodle Re-Imagined blend from earlier in the 12 Day of Christmas...” Read full tasting note

From 52teas

I started out with a very special base – a charcoal baked TieGuanYin Oolong! Then I added bananas, a touch of cinnamon, some marshmallow root and essence of butter rum and cream! And seriously – I know I say this often when describing my teas but seriously! – this is totally YUM!

I’m not sure exactly where I got the inspiration behind this flavor – but I’m glad that the inspiration struck when it did because this tea is really good. It may just be one of my newest favorite flavors. The banana and butter rum work together phenomenally. The cinnamon is warm but not overwhelming. The creaminess of the TieGuanYin plays to the cream notes and the gentle smokiness of the tea along with the marshmallow root give a faint toasted marshmallow-y type of flavor that is SO GOOD that it becomes difficult to come up with words to describe it – it makes me just want to say Mmmmmmmm!!!

organic ingredients: bananas, cinnamon, marshmallow root & natural flavors

ingredients: charcoal baked tieguanyin oolong tea

About 52teas View company

It snowed today where I live, which is extremely uncommon. Especially more than a cm which melts within 12 hours. It’s at at least 8 cm out there, and it continues to fall. I felt it was only right to warm myself up with a desserty advent calendar tea.

The oolong base is toasty and roasty, notes of raisin and barley. The spices are lovely, as are the dried fruit pieces. I can’t taste apple, so I’m not quite sure what it is (EDIT: I see it is banana from the description, which is what I was tasting. I wasn’t expecting banana in a winter tea, I guess. It’s a very welcome surprise, though) The cinnamon and creamy flavours are great. Some nutty notes. I’m not getting any rum, however I did add milk and that may have interfered.

Flavors: Cinnamon, Fruity, Nutty, Roasted, Roasted Barley, Spices, Toasty

I tried to look at my old tasting notes to see what I thought about this tea and turns out I wrote a very useless note. Basically I was unsure about how I felt regarding this tea because I love banana but I don’t love oolong. However, I enjoyed Banana TieGuanYin which is just banana and oolong so clearly that’s not my issue here. And, marshmallow most likely won’t be what’s holding me back from loving this so that leaves the cinnamon. The cinnamon is what makes this a “winter” tea by giving it spice and warmth but the cinnamon also takes the forefront which is what I don’t like about this tea. The base is creamy and the marshmallow makes this sweet and fluffy but this lacks banana flavoring and instead highlights cinnamon and as someone who enjoys some cinnamon now and then but loves banana, that becomes an issue for me. This is not bad perse but it is also not the balance of flavors that suits my taste.

Kittenna

IIRC I loved this one. Noms.

VariaTEA

I have about a perfect teaspoon left. I will start a kittenna bag :P

Still love this one. Not sure if I tasted banana specifically but there’s just this creamy umami fluffy deliciousness that I seriously can’t get enough of. Could probably drink this one every day. I am growing bored with the current “old tea” selection sitting on my counter, and although i’m still trying to valiantly trudge through it, I needed to take a quick poke through some older-but-well-stored teas to spice things up.

In other news, I had the sheer delight of dealing with a screaming baby for about 2.5 hours tonight. Screaming. To be fair, I actually only dealt with him for about half that time, as my husband had him the other half, but oh my goodness I am so burnt out. How do people cope when this is their norm? I can handle fussing, but this screaming just killed me (and he’s a baby, so it means something’s wrong, not that he’s being ornery). Anyways. He’s sleeping, I’m sitting in a chair decompressing, drinking tea, and just being thankful that it’s over. Ha.

Oolong blends are hit or miss for me; this one was a miss. It smelled delicious. The smell of dry leaf reminded me of the Snickerdoodle Re-Imagined blend from earlier in the 12 Day of Christmas sampler. I like the idea of a tea that combines bananas, cinnamon and buttered rum essence – a liquid version of bananas foster if you will – but the base of this tea just didn’t jive on my tastebuds. Meh.

On the 12th Day of ChristmasMERRY CHRISTMAS everyone! Or if Christmas isn’t your thing – Happy Holidays and I hope that it’s been a wonderful season for you and yours!

This tea is a little bit of a twist to the Bananas Foster tea although I must tell you that it wasn’t intended that way – when I came up with this tea idea, I wasn’t thinking “Bananas Foster” as much as I was thinking, “hey, I’ve got some amazing Charcoal Baked TieGuanYin in stock right now and I’m wondering how amazing that would taste with banana and marshmallow.” Actually, I think I may have come up with this idea when I was blending the Banana Marshmallow Treat Genmaicha – because I really loved the combination of banana and marshmallow. So that may have been the nucleus – the seed – that grew into this amazing tea.

To the combination of banana and marshmallow, I added some cinnamon because it’s a Winter’s Treat, after all and cinnamon seems to go with all things winter-ish. And then I added a splash of Buttered Rum essence because – well, do we really ever need a reason to add buttered rum?

This is really good. Really, really good!

Nattie

Merry Christmas!! This sounds delicious. Buttered rum never needs a reason! It is its own reason.

52Teas

My thoughts exactly, Nattie!

Evol Ving Ness

What Banana Marshmallow Treat Genmaicha?! whimpers in a corner

TheLastDodo

Ohhh! I was trying to put my finger on the buttered rum and I could not figure it out. It’s such a yummy blend:-D Merry Christmas!

52Teas

@Evol Ving Ness – it came out earlier this year.

Evol Ving Ness

But at least it is not something that I urgently need to buy today. So, yay!