Candy Cane White Tea

Peppermint, Sweet, Vanilla
Vegan
Edit tea info Last updated by 52Teas

1 Tasting Note View all

• “This is last week’s Tea of the Week. I generally have my tea ‘menu’ mapped out for a couple of months ahead of time, mostly because I need to be sure that I have the proper ingredients for each tea...” Read full tasting note

From 52teas

Tea of the Week for December 4, 2017!

I wanted to do a Candy Cane type of tea this holiday season – I haven’t done a ‘minty’ tea for a little while now (Well, except for our Graveyard Mist, but because that’s part of our permanent collection, that doesn’t count!) and I thought the month of December would be the perfect time to create a minty tea with a sweet twist to it. 52Teas had a Candy Cane Black Tea some years ago (long before it was even a fanciful dream for me to take over 52Teas!) that I absolutely adored. And Southern Boy Teas (another division of Zoomdweebies, which was the main company that started 52Teas) had a Candy Cane White Tea made with shou mei fannings that I didn’t really adore. Oh, I liked it alright but it didn’t get me quite as giddy as the Candy Cane Black Tea.

But I wanted a Candy Cane tea – a white Candy Cane Tea using our beautiful, fluffy Bai Mu Dan. And here it is! Bai Mu Dan blended with refreshing peppermint and creamy vanilla bean and bits of candy cane. (These candy canes are organic, gluten-free, allergen-free and, of course: VEGAN!) It’s sweet, crisp with mint flavor with a soft undertone of vanilla, and delightful!

ingredients: white tea

organic ingredients: peppermint, vanilla bean, candy cane (organic cane sugar, organic brown rice syrup, natural peppermint flavor, color added [organic fruit juice]) & natural flavors

About 52teas View company

1 Tasting Note

This is last week’s Tea of the Week. I generally have my tea ‘menu’ mapped out for a couple of months ahead of time, mostly because I need to be sure that I have the proper ingredients for each tea in stock in time for blending. But this is one that I kind of just came up with kind of late in the game. I changed the menu at the end of October to include this tea – because I realized that I didn’t have ANY minty teas around the holiday (with the exception of Graveyard Mist, which is usually in stock) so I needed to remedy that.

Fortunately, even though I didn’t have many of the ingredients for this tea, I can get my herbs locally so I’m able to get them quickly – and the candy canes I got from an online vendor that is really speedy. The candy canes are vegan, gluten free, nut free and organic. Even the color on the candy cane is derived from plant sources rather than artificial coloring. Tasting the candy on it’s own, it’s actually a rather subtle peppermint candy – but it works with the tea.

The tea has a nice sweetness to it, it’s crisp and minty but the vanilla softens it enough so that it’s not like a swig of mouthwash. I love these flavors with the soft taste and texture of the white tea.

Flavors: Peppermint, Sweet, Vanilla