Rooibos Vanilla

Rooibos Tea
Bark, Drying, Rooibos, Vanilla, Wood, Oak wood, Molasses, Cinnamon, Honey
Edit tea info Last updated by Jillian

From Adagio Teas

According to the International Ice Cream Association, Vanilla is by far the most popular flavor, getting a full 23% of all ice cream consumption. Inspired by this love of vanilla, Adagio has created Vanilla Tea. Combining the delectable flavor of sweet vanilla beans and Rooibos herbal tea, I’ll scream, you’ll scream, we’ll all scream for… Vanilla tea! Naturally caffeine-free, so enjoy it anytime of the day!

About Adagio Teas View company

Meh. Maybe I didn’t steep this long enough? It just tastes like hot cigars. And if I want that I drink Tea Spot’s Red Rocks. I’m really disappointed in Adagio’s Rooibos Sampler. I’ll give this another shot with a longer, stronger steep and add some milk & sweetener.

190 °F / 87 °C 8 min or more

Great afternoon tea. Very vanilla!

Single cup, 2 raw sugar

Here’s Hoping Teabox – Round Six – Tea #19
This one is lovely — I love a good vanilla rooibos. This didn’t have actual vanilla pieces, but I didn’t actually think there would be. But adagio’s vanilla flavoring is always delicious enough for me! Two great steeps of sweet rooibos with the same amount of flavor. No flavor fading! It’s nice to know I like this one in case I’m looking for a vanilla rooibos to stock up on. Vanilla REALLY works with rooibos…. to me, that might be what rooibos most tastes like naturally? New idea for me….

Woody, sweet, with the smoothness of vanilla right towards the end of one’s mouth where one would expect the usual rooibos nibble (not a bite) to happen. It’s not as sweet as the regular rooibos or the honeybush tea. It’s not a tongue-curler; it’s still somewhat of a dry drink. The vanilla flavor doesn’t seem like the same vanilla in the vanilla green, but if it is, it’s behaving differently due to the different tea base.

I do want to like this, and I probably do like this more than a regular rooibos. Thing is- I’m worrying if my taste is changing away from rooibos, and that worries me. This tea just doesn’t strike me as fantastic; it hits my “meh” button- but because it’s vanilla I may well like it more if I did a blind taste test with other rooibos teas.

Flavors: Bark, Drying, Rooibos, Vanilla, Wood

Bleh. Another Adagio tea bites the dust. At this point I’m something like 0/24 with Adagio flavored teas and should know better, but they are 5 mins from my house and generous with samples so I keep trying them.

This one smelled promising. The dry leaf had a warm aroma of vanilla bean and wood and it brews into a beautiful deep red color. But the taste of the brewed tea is another story. The vanilla flavor really knocks you over the head, overpowering the rooibos. After a few sips, I felt as if I were drinking a bottle of vanilla extract. There is a little spice in there too but none of the other flavor notes are decernible because the vanilla dominates. Perhaps a splash of almond milk might make this is a little more palatable.

Flavors: Vanilla, Wood

Daylon R Thomas

Have you tried some with rock sugar?

LuckyMe

Not yet, but I think sugar and/or cream could mellow out its strong taste

This is tolerable. It’s been sitting in my collection for so long and I just want to finish it up. I’ve made three cups of it today and it’s just not getting better. It’s woodsy and the vanilla is lacking.

Flavors: Wood

rosebudmelissa

I like some of Adagio’s honeybush and green rooibos blends, but I think the only one of their rooibos blends I like is rooibos earl grey.

taipwnsu

I’ve actually heard that before but when I ordered from Adagio last I was put off by the idea of mixing earl grey and rooibos. The only teas that I truly love from Adagio anymore are their flavored blacks but I’m out of their Chestnut Tea so when I get around to ordering more I’ll have to pick up a sample of the Rooibos Earl Grey as well. I’ve tried Tea Guys’ Earl Grey Rooibos and it’s just alright but the bergamot totally overpowers the rooibos so that was a let down in my book :/

Mmm just as delicious as the first time I made it! Even my wife said “it wasn’t horrible” and she hates any tea herbal or otherwise! Still reminds me of a molasses cookie hehe. {Note: I put this on the wrong brand. This was actually “Our Home Tea, Vanilla Rooibos”]

Flavors: Cinnamon, Molasses, Vanilla

5 min, 0 sec 1 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML

Added 1t of sugar. The flavor on this tea is pretty mild and pleasant – I can taste the vanilla flavoring, but it isn’t terribly strong.

Boiling 5 min, 0 sec 5 tsp 32 OZ / 946 ML

Not for me. I’m not a straight vanilla in tea fan anyway so I had doubts I’d like this. It’s not the worst thing but not something I can keep drinking or will drink again.

The smell is slightly artificial but kind of pleasant. The taste is…well, not good for me since I don’t like vanilla teas. People who do like a Vanilla extract taste in their tea (which is what this seems like to me) should dig it.

It’s like blending a pleasant Roobios with a ¼ tsp. of Vanilla Extract.

Not my cup of tea.