Turmeric Bliss

Fruit Herbal Blend
Apple Pieces, Black Peppercorn, Cinnamon Bark, Ginger Root, Mango, Mango Flavor, Marigold Flowers, Natural Orange Flavor, Orange Peels, Rose Hips, Turmeric
Apple, Cinnamon, Earth, Spices, Stonefruits, Sweet, Black Pepper, Ginger, Mango, Orange
Loose Leaf, Sachet
Caffeine Free
Edit tea info Last updated by Mastress Alita
Boiling 7 min, 0 sec 13 oz / 398 ml

• “Today has been one of those “my GI tract is trying to kill me” days, and my ginger offerings have been (mostly) exhausted (I at least used up all my bulk ginger from the co-op in San Francisco, and...” Read full tasting note
  • “This was surprisingly weak/flat/watery to me. I mean, for a blend with Turmeric & Lemonade I just expected a lot more body and warmth/heat. Though, the subtle little pop of orange/mango flavour...” Read full tasting note
  • “This tea tastes mostly like apple, which was actually a relief since I’ve had a more accurate turmeric tea in the past that was pretty unpleasant. I’m not a huge fan of apple teas, but this one did...” Read full tasting note
  • “10min steep because I was in the middle of rearranging my tea cabinet when I decided this was my brew of choice, but it’s still within the recommended allotment, so it’s all good. It’s beautiful...” Read full tasting note

From Adagio Teas

Bright and sunny, our turmeric tea has the fruity, sweet taste of juicy mangos and the zest of Florida oranges. The fruitiness balances the earthiness of the turmeric, widely popular for its health benefits, while ginger and peppercorn enliven your senses. Savor the taste as you heal your body.

Ingredients: Apple pieces, orange, ginger, cinnamon, turmeric inclusion, rose hips, black peppercorn, mango pieces, natural orange flavor, marigold flowers, natural mango flavor

Steeping Instructions: Steep at 212° for 5-10 minutes.

About Adagio Teas View company

Today has been one of those “my GI tract is trying to kill me” days, and my ginger offerings have been (mostly) exhausted (I at least used up all my bulk ginger from the co-op in San Francisco, and it’ll be a long time coming before I can go back there… I could only find the powdered kind at my local grocery and that just is not what I want, meh).

I thought turmeric might be the next best thing, especially since most turm blends include ginger. And I’ve had this sampler forever. I’m used to turm blends being spicy but this appears to be more apple than anything looking at the dry contents. The brewed tea is a sharp marigold color and smells like a more earthy sort of apple spice tea. The flavor is actually pretty nice; I am a spice wuss and have had turm teas that knocked my socks off, that I could only drink with ample amounts of milk to cut the spice, but this is a mild, sweet tea. Honestly, I’d have a hard time telling it is a turm/ginger tea at all; the main spice note I’m getting is cinnamon, not ginger. The base is heavily apple, and I’m getting a strong stonefruit note too (it has mango flavoring apparently, and lately my palate has been reading mango flavor more as peach/apricot). So I’m getting a sort of apple/peach cinnamon tea, with a sort of earthy, rooty touch to the flavor toward the finish. A little warming toward the back of the tongue, but not spicy. It’s fine overall, but I doubt there is anything special about it compared to any of the other turm teas that seem to be making the rounds these days… of course, I haven’t tried very many either, so I may not be the best judge of that statement.

Flavors: Apple, Cinnamon, Earth, Spices, Stonefruits, Sweet

Boiling 5 min, 0 sec 2 tsp 17 OZ / 500 ML
Dustin

Oh, did you go to Rainbow? That’s the best co-op in the city! Hope you feel better soon!

Mastress Alita

I did, but I’m not local, I live in Idaho and was just on vacation visiting a friend at a time; hense not being able to easily restock!

derk

I miss Rainbow. It’s been nearly a year since I met you and Todd at the SF Tea Fest, Mastress Alita. Wild.

Mastress Alita

I know! Now the SF Tea Fest is right around the corner again. They have thankfully changed venues, but having just bought a condo, I can’t afford to travel for a while. Boo!

Dustin

You guys were at the SF tea fest? I was too! It was SO crowded! Hopefully they will have a bigger space with better airflow this year.

This was surprisingly weak/flat/watery to me. I mean, for a blend with Turmeric & Lemonade I just expected a lot more body and warmth/heat. Though, the subtle little pop of orange/mango flavour was nice. One way or the other (turmeric or fruit) there just needed to be more.

This tea tastes mostly like apple, which was actually a relief since I’ve had a more accurate turmeric tea in the past that was pretty unpleasant. I’m not a huge fan of apple teas, but this one did taste pretty good. I wouldn’t order this again, and I’m not even sure why I ordered it in the first place. I’ll refrain from rating this tea since I’m not its intended audience.

It’s beautiful in the bag – big chunks of apple, golden threads of marigold leaves – and it steeps to an enticing gold that smells of citrus and warmth. Each sip is softly fruity with a heat that trails along just at the end (the pepper I’d assume); as the tea cools it becomes more prominently citrusy without losing the heat.

My only complaint with this is that the flavour isn’t exactly robust. I think I was more in the mood for a heavier mouthfeel or more lingering aftertaste for my first cup of the day, so I’ll have to try this again as an evening brew.

Second steep and I think I’ve figured out what it was needing! I added about 1/4 tsp of ground ginger to the basket and gave it a solid 15 min @ 212 – the fruit flavours have dropped back a bit, but there’s earthiness from the turmeric and pepper that slides into a heavy, lingering ginger aftertaste.

I’d give the mix + ginger a solid 84, but stand by my rating for the unaltered version.

Boiling 8 min or more 1 tsp 10 OZ / 295 ML

Cinnamon is the first thing I get, followed by an herbal orange fruitiness. A little mango? And it’s not in the taste, but there’s a warm earthiness in the scent that must be the turmeric. It would be great in the cooler months too because of the cinnamon and ginger with a trace of pepper in the background (it lingers on the tongue). A warming fruity tea! Weird but good!

Flavors: Black Pepper, Cinnamon, Ginger, Mango, Orange