Aromatic Earl Grey

Bergamot, Grapefruit, Malt, Nutty
Edit tea info Last updated by jordanze

• “A great value if you can get the giant 500 g tin of it. The bergamot is a little light, but I don’t mind that. The black tea flavor is nice and strong so the bergamot becomes more of a bolstering...” Read full tasting note
  • “Ahmad Aromatic Earl Grey is my daily stalwart for at least a decade. The cut Ceylon black loose leaf is a robust, somewhat malty. Best in the 17.5 ounze – 500 gram white tin. I enjoy a strong...” Read full tasting note
  • “This is actually pretty good considering what I paid. The taste of the bergamot is nice and not too powerful. There is little bitterness to this tea. I like this. It may not be the quality of...” Read full tasting note
  • “Personally, I found this very similar to Twinings Earl Grey. Which is cheaper for me to buy, which is why I won’t be buying this again, not because it’s an unpleasant tea. The smell in the tin is...” Read full tasting note

From Ahmad Tea

Product description not available yet.

About Ahmad Tea View company

A great value if you can get the giant 500 g tin of it. The bergamot is a little light, but I don’t mind that. The black tea flavor is nice and strong so the bergamot becomes more of a bolstering after taste. It’s quite pleasant if you don’t like to be assaulted by bergamot.
Tea gets bitter quickly, so I don’t recommend steeping it past 3 min

I enjoy a strong morning tea, and unlike any other, Ahmad Aromatic Earl Grey always serves up cup after cup a morning expectation; dare I say entitlement? Venerable.

Holds up to, nay, well withstands hunny and milk (I know, I know).

The bergamot is mild and somewhat generic. Though in a newly opened or nearly empty tin, the bergamot is strong. Must vapor away during my steep.

Flavors: Bergamot, Grapefruit, Malt, Nutty

This is actually pretty good considering what I paid. The taste of the bergamot is nice and not too powerful. There is little bitterness to this tea. I like this. It may not be the quality of Whispering Pines but is very good when you consider the price differential. It’s got a nice flavor to it. Picked this up yesterday at my local Indian Market.

I brewed this once in a 16oz Teavana Glass Perfect Tea Maker/Gravity Steeper with 3 tsp leaf and 200 degree water for 3 minutes.

Personally, I found this very similar to Twinings Earl Grey. Which is cheaper for me to buy, which is why I won’t be buying this again, not because it’s an unpleasant tea. The smell in the tin is just amazing, it doesn’t hold that aroma after steeping though. It has a pleasant bergamot flavour, and a good black tea base.

Flavors: Bergamot

We buy Ahmad’s Aromatic Earl Grey in a 500 gm tin as it’s reasonably priced ($9.00) and is quite OK on its own. We also find this blend useful for brightening up other black teas with a dash of bergamot.

I love the smell of bergamot in the morning, and this loose leaf tea does not disappoint coming out of the box. Unfortunately, the aroma dissipates soon after you start brewing the tea, and what you’re left with is a big, dark, caffeine punch to the face. Which admittedly is not necessarily a bad thing if you need to wake up in the morning.