Sacred Blend

Herbal Tea
Herbaceous, Pine, Raisins, Sage, Sap, Sweet, warm grass
Loose Leaf, Tea Bag
Caffeine Free
Edit tea info Last updated by Cameron B.
10 oz / 295 ml

From Algonquin Tea Co

Ingredients: White pine, sweet grass, sage

These three sacred herbs bless us with a healing sense of communion, tranquillity and focus, for which the herbs are known by Native Americans.

With this blend I think of the shelter of deep woods in the winter, or a warm sunny spot on a forest path where the heady scent of the sweet earth envelopes you like love. I think of sacred circles attended with elders and loved ones. I think of the warmth of communion with those who have gone before, those who are present and those who are coming. I give thanks to the great spirit and to the mother earth, who gives us these herbs as her sweet blessing.

These three sacred herbs offer us a blessing to help cleanse and heal our lives. Their power bring us many healing qualities, as well as a deep sense of tranquility, calm and focus. Well-known historically by Native Americans who use these herbs to ‘smudge’ ceremonially. Drink in the Sacred Circle.

About Algonquin Tea Co View company

From vacation haul.

Honestly, this was pretty expensive for the amount of tea in the tin BUT it’s very very unique and now that I’ve tried it I actually don’t mind the price at all for the quality of it. It’s just gonna get used up quickly is all, and that’ll be disappointing…

I grabbed this one because of the unique combination of ingredients. The company, Algonquin Tea Co, was partnered with Cornelia Bean which is where I saw this one. They actually had about six different offerings but a lot of them seemed super wellness and religion based and that’s not really why I drink tea so they didn’t really interest me a ton. There was also one that was supposedly supposed to help with lucid dreaming? I didn’t really want to fuck with that though. So I grabbed this one solely because I thought I’d like the taste.

It smells really good to me; very fresh and outdoorsy with a lot of pine characteristic and sage undertones. I didn’t personally get much from the aroma in terms of the sweet grass in the blend, but most of what I was after was that strong pine aroma anyway and just going off scent this seemed to be a blend that would have a lot of that.

I brewed this one up at work, and I started with my normal four minutes that I do for Western styled teas – BUT I realized quickly that would have produced a really weak/bland tasting brew so I doubled that and steeped for eight minutes. I still think I could have pushed it even longer though, and would have got a more potent flavour without any negative repercussions. So that’s something I’ll keep in mind going forward.

This one brewed up really smooth though! I think it had a pretty equal representation of all three ingredients in the blend too: pine, sage, and sweet grass. That was a little surprising to me ‘cause I didn’t get the sweet grass at all from dry aroma but I got A LOT of pine. Not a complaint though! In fact, I really like the sweet, sappy quality from the sweet grass and the pine combined. And I love sage in general; it’s such a pleasant, soft herbaceous quality that’s really peaceful/relaxing. Overall, it just tasted really natural (kind of obvious that it would based on the ingredients though) and fresh. Reminded me of taking a walk in the forest; and also of those “Douglas Fir” candles that come out around the holidays – but just more stripped down, mellow and realistic. It would be a good tea for quite reflection or just meditation in general, I think.

Very happy with this one.

Flavors: Herbaceous, Pine, Raisins, Sage, Sap, Sweet, warm grass

Evol Ving Ness

Good to know, good to know. If I am not mistaken, I have seen this one along my travels here in the city, though for the life of me, I can’t recall where.

Evol Ving Ness

Aha! Our tea festival lineup came out today and this is one of the featured blenders. I wonder whether they will bring this blend with them. I’d like to try it if it is available in small bits, but I am wary about the sage.

Roswell Strange

Embrace the sage! It’s just such a peaceful flavour.

Evol Ving Ness

Not so much the flavour, but the herb has negative effects on my various health issues. And THAT is a huge concern. Depends on the proportion of sage versus other ingredients in the blend though.

Roswell Strange

Ah, that’s completely understandable!

Cooking TTB #16

Turkey. Or soup. That’s what this reminded me of. I guessed rosemary before reading pine and sage as the ingredients. I can’t say this was for me at all, but I’m glad to have tried something with pine in it finally.

I think I need to lay off the caffeine in the evening a bit, and this is such an awesome evening tea. Always sage, pine and soothing.

TeaBrat

sounds nice :)

OMGsrsly

Ooh, this one is on my list! I have Cold & Flu and it’s delicious.