Grass, Metallic, Spinach, Vegetal, Green
Low
Kosher, Vegan
Edit tea info Last updated by Amanda

2 Images

• “I asked for un-rusted tea tins for Christmas from the “grannies;” my Mema thoughtfully filled a small one up with a couple of assortment packs of Bigelow bagged greens and herbals. Good for...” Read full tasting note
  • “This must be a really forgiving tea. After the first surgery (yeh, I didn’t know they did it in two stages and thought I was all through) I went back to the waiting room to await lab results. I...” Read full tasting note
  • “Backlogging from this afternoon. Basic green bagged tea pretty much thrown into water of an unknown amount (but probably around 8oz) from an unknown source heated at an unknown temperature. Had...” Read full tasting note
  • “Part of the sampler from Bigelow that I’m still working my way through. I left two bags at home to use in Chloe, and brought one to work. I’ll wait to rate until I’ve had it brewed at the proper...” Read full tasting note

From Bigelow

“Green tea is pretty simple. It’s green tea. What makes ours so special is that we use only hand-picked tea from high elevation gardens and then we gently process it, bringing out that natural flavor people have been enjoying for centuries. Our tea is not harsh, not too grassy but smooth and very delicate…easy to drink and enjoy the whole cup.”

About Bigelow View company

Tastes like how dried grass smells but less refreshing and sweet. There’s barely flavor. I see why green tea isn’t more popular if this is the stuff people drink and think is green tea. blech. I think that if this was my first green tea, I wouldn’t be the tea drinker I am today.

This tasted like sawdust. Was it because it was stale or I’m used to more fancy tea. I’m not sure but this was not good.

Like a lot of other reviewers have mentioned I found this tea to be quite bland. It’s not the best green tea yet it is not the worst. I am not a huge green tea fan but unlike some others I was able to down 2 or so cups of this. Very basic but it is not something that I would personally grab if there were other options.

Boiling

Just your standard run-of-the-mill green tea in a tea bag, really! It does the trick if you’re wanting some green tea on the go or whatever.

Boiling 8 min or more

When I forget to bring tea from home, sometimes I find myself perusing the tea bags available to drink at my workplace. This is the one option for green tea. A lot of people say that they just don’t like green tea, and since this one is on the better end of the spectrum for the cheap bagged green teas widely available in grocery stores, I can understand why.

It’s a serviceable tea, not actively unpleasant. I drink it mindlessly if I’m desperate for a green tea fix, but sometimes I think I’d be better off drinking water. The flavor is a run of the mill vegetal green tea, but flat, dull. A dried grass sort of flavor, with little nuance, but none of the offensively fishy flavors that I get out of lesser bagged green teas. As long as I keep the steeping time short (the bag recommends 2-3 minutes, but I pull it out just shy of 2) I can avoid the dirty/stale/bitter flavor that comes out when it’s oversteeped.

Very mediocre. I couldn’t get my regular sencha today, so this had to do, but it’s really unspectacular.

This is nothing more then a a simple cup of green tea. I drink this too at work. I am not pleased of it , but it is better then the other teas we have as a selection at work. The liquor has a nice color as the taste is a little bit bland.

I’d call this an “introductory” green tea. Just as the package suggests, it’s very smooth and mild. It’s reminiscent of buttery spinach: it has a mellow mouthfeel and then only a little bitter punch in the aftertaste. As far as everyday teas go, this one is perfectly respectable…if you’re looking for a nondescript but pleasant drink to sip during a work session or whatnot, you won’t be disappointed.

Flavors: Grass, Metallic, Spinach, Vegetal

3 min, 15 sec 8 OZ / 236 ML

Very good tea. Can be a little bitter tasting without honey or sugar. I usually make it with clover honey. Very good pick me up in the morning for sure!
I used one bag per 20oz.

Boiling 3 min, 15 sec 20 OZ / 591 ML

Okay. Okay. Okay. Finally, after a few months of eyeing this tea in stores and having a bag sitting in a drawer, I tried it.
It’s a basic green tea, but that’s it. It was almost hard to stomach.

I’d highly recommend you use it in adding to drinks and smoothies if you wanted to add green tea to them. Don’t just drink it straight up.

Would I recommend it? Not at that price!

Get something more traditional. Green tea from a bag is just… WROOONG.