Peppermint Bark

Menthol, Mint, Peppermint, Sweet
Tea Bag
Caffeine Free
Edit tea info Last updated by treeshell17

• “Couldn’t finish drinking this, tastes awful. I followed the directions for brewing but it didn’t help. I couldn’t taste any peppermint or chocolate, just a muddy taste that wasn’t enjoyable.” Read full tasting note
  • “My husband picked this up since he saw it on sale at the supermarket. It’s definitely but a little on the artificial side for my tastes and not quite chocolatey enough. It is best as a latte. I...” Read full tasting note
  • “Quite minty without a lot of chocolate. I would have liked some creamy/white chocolate flavours. It is pretty good for a bagged tea, however I find the sweetness off putting. It tastes like an...” Read full tasting note
  • “O Ggmathis, why didn’t I remember your review before I brewed this one? On its own this is tasty but lacks a certain wow factor. Had I remembered her comments, I have a whole box of cacao nibs I...” Read full tasting note

From Bigelow

The refreshing combination of peppermint and chocolate in our Peppermint Bark all natural herb tea is hot and cool all at the same time. A warm treat on a cold day with a misty finish your taste buds will thank you for. Add a little sweetener and it’s just like a decadent dessert.

About Bigelow View company

My husband picked this up since he saw it on sale at the supermarket. It’s definitely but a little on the artificial side for my tastes and not quite chocolatey enough. It is best as a latte. I don’t know if I’ll buy this again but I’ll happily finish this box.

Quite minty without a lot of chocolate. I would have liked some creamy/white chocolate flavours. It is pretty good for a bagged tea, however I find the sweetness off putting. It tastes like an artificial sweetener was added which lingers as an after taste after you have swallowed.

I highly recommend trying this as a latte or as an iced tea rather than hot. I have tried it all three ways and liked the plain hot tea the least.

Flavors: Menthol, Mint, Peppermint, Sweet

205 °F / 96 °C 4 min, 0 sec 14 OZ / 400 ML

O Ggmathis, why didn’t I remember your review before I brewed this one? On its own this is tasty but lacks a certain wow factor. Had I remembered her comments, I have a whole box of cacao nibs I could have added. Primarily, this is a light peppermint tea. It doesn’t beat you up with mint yet is obviously mint. A good balance in that respect. It is just the chocolate doesn’t reach that decadent level I crave. I added Splenda and it brightened the cup but didn’t really fix it. I may have to try this again with some Charlie Brown love added. Thanks ggmathis.
-——
Dad – there was no infection and no clear idea what was going on. One of his nurses told him she laid awake all night trying to figure out what to do for him. She told his family doctor her idea, who agreed to let her try. They treated his leg as if it were a severe burn. He immediately began to respond. After just a couple days the leg has gone from black and blue to nice and pink. Still looks kind of gross but nothing like it was before she treated him. He is walking all over the hospital wing now and making plans to come home. Truly miraculous.

that is AMAZING news…how incredible to have someone there helping your father out. So glad to hear the good news

mrmopar

Yay for the good news.

__Morgana__

Great news!

Evol Ving Ness

How wonderful to have especially caring medical staff engaged in promoting his recovery! Hurray! Happy for you and yours.

gmathis

Let me know if you want me to mail another bag :) I bought more. And thanks for sharing the good grandpa news! What an awesome nursing staff!

K S

So where did those extra G’s come from. LOL I’m going to look when I go to the big city later this week and see if I can find this one but thanks.

ashmanra

Wow, that is awesome news! Glad to hear your dad is getting better, and God bless that nurse.

tigress_al

That’s great news!

2040 tasting notes

Another cheapster from today’s impulse haul. It’s more minty than barky—the chocolate hits you a couple of beats later. I’m thinking that a little doctoring (milk and some cocoa nibs) would bump this up from pretty good to mighty tasty.

Gary

Cheapsters are Keepsters, I had the Barrington Earl Grey, I think it Made the Day, Still Thankful

gmathis

:) There’s a lot of reasons to like those bagged cheapsters—easy to tote, steep away from home, and swap!

Tastes just like peppermint bark. This tea has more mint flavor than the other peppermint bark tea I’ve tried. Pretty good for a cheap tea. My husband loves it too!

205 °F / 96 °C 6 min, 0 sec 12 OZ / 354 ML