Pineapple Mint

Fruit Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by CrowKettle

• “Sipdown (650)! Finished this one off as an iced tea, in my tea press. I was very curious about this blend; it’s a green tea which isn’t usually my jam but the pineapple mint pairings sounded really...” Read full tasting note
  • “I coldbrewed this in watermelon juice for two days because I forgot about this tbh. Since the watermelon juice is very sweet to begin with, this is one sweet cold brew but not in a cloying way....” Read full tasting note
  • “i love pineapple teas….i’m “over” mint teas….this one lands more on the side of mint than pineapple. i like juicy, delicious pineapple oolong…not this. :( personal preference though vs it being...” Read full tasting note
  • “This seemed like an odd choice to start the morning with, even to me and I’m drinking it. It was there, though, and it’s a lovely warm spring day, so I decided to throw caution to the wind. I used...” Read full tasting note

From Bird & Blend Tea Co.

Minty fresh, tropical fruit fusion + coconut – a real crisp cuppa!

Feel fresh with our latest tutti fruity + minty madness fusion of pineapple mint tea! With pineapple pieces, coconut, spearmint + peppermint, you’re in for a cool cuppa! In the words of Little Richard ‘A-wop-bom-a-loo-mop-a-lomp-bom-bom!!’

About Bird & Blend Tea Co. View company

Sipdown (650)!

Finished this one off as an iced tea, in my tea press.

I was very curious about this blend; it’s a green tea which isn’t usually my jam but the pineapple mint pairings sounded really intriguing to me. I like the idea of smashing really contrasting flavours together – and sweet, tangy pineapple and cooling mint are a pretty big juxtaposition. I was hoping for some sort of “mojito” like effect though! That’s also basically what I got in practice – though neither pineapple nor mint were especially bold or flavourful. In fact, the overall profile of the tea was somewhat mellow and medium bodied. Still, juicy sweetness at the top of the sip and more of a crispness/cooling effect in the finish. Also some hibby notes, and a bit of an apple quality.

Couldn’t taste the green tea at all – which is a big win. Thanks for the share VariaTEA!

VariaTEA

This one isn’t the green tea, I don’t think. This is just a tisane. Pineapple Sorbet (which I forgot to send you) is the green tea.

Roswell Strange

Oops – you’re totally correct! I guess that explains why it didn’t taste like green tea even a little bit, lol!

I coldbrewed this in watermelon juice for two days because I forgot about this tbh. Since the watermelon juice is very sweet to begin with, this is one sweet cold brew but not in a cloying way. Fruity watermelon juice, with some pineapple sweetness that ends in a crisp mint note that lingers in the aftertaste making this really fresh tasting. It is quite nice actually and certainly very tasty.

i love pineapple teas….i’m “over” mint teas….this one lands more on the side of mint than pineapple. i like juicy, delicious pineapple oolong…not this. :( personal preference though vs it being anything related to the tea itself.

2058 tasting notes

This seemed like an odd choice to start the morning with, even to me and I’m drinking it. It was there, though, and it’s a lovely warm spring day, so I decided to throw caution to the wind. I used 1 tsp of leaf for my cup, and gave it 4 minutes in boiling water. When I returned, the liquor was a deep pinky-red (hello, hibi!), but the scent was sweet and tropical.

The first sip shows that you shouldn’t judge by appearances, because this one actually tastes exactly as it should. I get pineapple immediately, sweet and true to life, followed quickly by coconut. There’s a slightly odd floral in the midsip, but it’s not too heavy or thick tasting so I’m choosing to ignore it. The mint comes our pretty well in the aftertaste, the sweetness of the spearmint most prominently, but with the deeper, cooler resonance of the peppermint lurking in the background.

I’m more impressed with this one than I expected to be. Pineapple mint seemed like an odd flavour combination to me, but it really does work. The mint isn’t strong, so the sweeter fruit flavours are allowed their time to shine, but it does add a refreshing cleanness that’s actually very welcome after the sweet tropical fruit flavours.

What I really want now is to try this one cold brewed in the summer. A definite repurchase in the warmer months ahead.

Boiling 4 min, 0 sec 1 tsp