Pure Grade Matcha

Matcha Tea
Matcha Green Tea
Creamy, Grass, Smooth, Sweet, Umami
High
Edit tea info Last updated by Cameron B.
Iced 8 oz / 236 ml

From Bird & Blend Tea Co.

Highest quality Japanese matcha powder shaded two weeks prior to harvest.

Bird & Blend’s luxury drinking matcha, perfect for ceremonies and lattes alike.

Pure grade Japanese matcha powder.

About Bird & Blend Tea Co. View company

Bird & Blend Matcha Advent Calendar – Day 1

Happy December, everyone! Yay, it’s advent calendar time! ❤

This matcha happens to be in single-serve stick form. The stick seemed to contain just under a teaspoon of matcha, so I prepared my matcha milk with just under 8 ounces of soy milk.

This is very tasty! It’s grassy and sweet, and very smooth with no bitterness. There’s a small hint of umami as well. The strength of flavor is much better than their flavored matchas I’ve tried, which is nice. Too bad this one was only a single serving!

So I also have a Bonne Maman jam advent calendar! And since I’ll be drinking these matchas in the morning, I’ll be having my daily jam on toast as well and adding it to these notes. This is just for fun, the rating and flavors still all apply only to the matcha.

So today’s Bonne Maman jam is 3 Citrus Fruits (3 Agrumes) spread. I’m not generally a big fan of marmalade, as I find it too bitter. But I’ll try it with an open mind! The three citrus fruits included are orange, lemon, and grapefruit. There are pieces of peel mixed in as well.

Wow, it’s quite zingy from the grapefruit! It is quite bitter though, so not something I could see myself eating often. But the citrus flavor is nice and bright.

Flavors: Creamy, Grass, Smooth, Sweet, Umami

Iced 1 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML
Mastress Alita

A jam advent calendar sounds delicious. I’m quite the toast advocate!

tea-sipper

Ooooo. a bonus jam advent!!

tea-sipper

Ooooo. a bonus jam advent!!

Cameron B.

I like Bonne Maman’s jams, so I figured why not? :P

I wasn’t super-keen on this one last time I tried it (which was the first time) but I gave it another try today simply because I’m feeling the morning matcha lattes at the moment, and (for once) I didn’t fancy anything flavoured.

Maybe I just didn’t do very well last time, but today’s latte was pretty excellent. It struck a pleasing sweet-savoury balance and wasn’t too grassy or vegetal. It just hit the spot, really. I’d buy this again as an everyday, go-to, plain matcha. It’s decent.

I’ve increased my rating a little, because 65 seemed unfairly low. It’s good, kids!

Day three from this year’s advent calendar: haven’t had this one quite yet. Reserving this note for my review.

I haven’t actually tried any Matcha from Bluebird Tea so I am excited to finally cross that box. I also like the little tin, I plan on re-using it to make a Matcha lipgloss for it in the near future. I may even do a tutorial for it.

Bluebird describe this tea as “Highest quality Japanese matcha powder shaded two weeks prior to harvest. “

The Matcha is a beautiful bright green colour and quite fine in powder. It produced a beautiful foam.

Flavour is light and smooth with sweet grass and soft vegetal notes that linger in the after taste. This is very easy to drink, it slips down with ease. Perhaps one of the smoothest Matcha I have tried, though I found it perhaps too easy for my every day needs. A little more flavour would have been preferential for me but still it was a nice Matcha. Also a note to say the foam was great, the last few Matcha samples I had from other companies didn’t whisk too well but this foamed beautifully.

Given that it was a higher quality than I expected I may try a few others from them. They do a few flavours that sound interesting.