Herbal Oolong Blend
Flowers, Natural Flavours, Oolong Tea, Peppermint, Red Peppercorns, Sprinkles
Medium
Edit tea info Last updated by Cameron B.

1 Tasting Note View all

From Bird & Blend Tea Co.

This is the Brighton Store’s exclusive loose leaf tea blend!

As fresh & minty as a stick of Brighton rock, an absolute seaside essential!

This absolute seaside essential, made by our Teabird’s in the Brighton store, is a perfect summer drink! This Oolong tea is made colourful with sprinkles and packs a strong minty flavour!

Chinese Oolong tea, peppermint, blue pea flower, sprinkles (sugar, potato starch, maltodextrin, vegetable fat (coconut), colours (E160C Paprika, E100 curcumin, E163 anthocyanins, E162 Beetroot red, glazing agent (canuba wax), spirulina), red peppercorns, natural flavouring

About Bird & Blend Tea Co. View company

1 Tasting Note

304/365

Another of B&B’s Store Blends collection, this time for (obviously!) Brighton. It features an oolong base, with peppermint, butterfly pea flower, and pastel star sprinkles!

Thanks to the butterfly pea, and perhaps also the peppermint, is brews up a delightful shade of teal. It’s super pretty, and I feel like that’s something I don’t often say that about tea once it’s made. Taste-wise, it’s a nicely mineral green oolong with mild peppermint overtones and a hint of creaminess. It reminds me a little of B&B’s Peppermint Cream, although the mint is less dominant in Brighton Rock. There’s a background sweetness, which I think is at least partly thanks to the sprinkles, and a touch of funk from the butterfly pea flower. Butterfly Pea isn’t a flavour I really enjoy, although I can see why it’s included here from a purely aesthetic point of view. Rock is generally brightly coloured, after all!

The overall flavour is vaguely reminiscent of rock, but it really needs to be sweeter if that’s what it’s aiming to replicate. Some sugar might help with that, which I’ll bear in mind for my next cup. I think it probably also needs a bit more mint, although it could just be that my bag isn’t very evenly distributed.

I really like this one, even though it’s not quite able to live up to its name. I’m not a huge fan of strong mint teas, so it’s a blend that definitely appeals to my personal tastes, and there’s enough suggestion of rock to keep me happy. I’m enjoying seeing a more experimental side to B&B – the store blends definitely feel more out there, and they definitely use ingredients I’ve never seen in B&B blends before. Long may it continue!

180 °F / 82 °C 3 min, 15 sec 1 tsp