Herbal Yerba maté Blend
Green Yerba Mate, Lemon Peel, Lime, Linden Flower
Herbs, Lime, Tart, Autumn Leaf Pile, Earth, Floral, Herbaceous
High
Edit tea info Last updated by Cameron B.

• “Got this tea from subscription. Whoa, interesting blend. I have two big pieces of lime peel or fermented lemon peel (I can not decide what is it) in bag. It smells very interesting too. I think I...” Read full tasting note
  • “Home – 9:00 PM I had to add this one to my Bird & Blend order, just because weird. My 20g packet had three giant dried lime slices, so I made sure to get one in my steeping basket. Wow, this...” Read full tasting note

From Bird & Blend Tea Co.

Energy boosting Yerba Mate, Cola nut and Linden leaf

Energy boosting Yerba Mate tea is blended with cola nut and linden leaves in this lime and cola flavoured tea blend. Linden leaves (Lime) has been used for centuries to treat colds, fevers and inflammation.

Lime peel, lime pieces, lime leaves, linden blossom, yerba mate, fermented lemon peel, cola nuts

About Bird & Blend Tea Co. View company

Got this tea from subscription.

It smells very interesting too. I think I never smelled something similar. It is kind of herbal, but also citrusy – mostly lime of course.

So, into mug. 1 tsp (strainer) in boiling water. Maybe 5 minutes steep. I did not made it exact. Why though?

Okay, this is something I have not expected. It is somehow quite sweet, lime makes really nice taste, linden makes it bit smooth. But it is actually very tart too! One sip is better, then another is worse. It tastes… strange.
Yep, maybe it was like a Cola. Cola with lime. Why not, huh.

But overall, I think I am not really a fan of it. Maybe I just need to get used to it. So far, quite low rating from me

Flavors: Herbs, Lime, Tart

Boiling 5 min, 30 sec 1 tsp 10 OZ / 300 ML
Kittenna

Sounds like a tea that might do better iced?

Martin Bednář

Yeah, probably. They even suggest it. I will try it for sure.

Home – 9:00 PM

Wow, this is quite tart! There’s definitely a bit hit of lime. I’m not sure I really get cola – to me, it tastes more like ginger when combined with the lime. The yerba maté base contributes a bit of earthy and herbal flavor that does pair well with the lime and ginger. The linden does help to lighten it up a bit with a mild floral note.

I’m not quite sure what to think of this one… I was not expecting it to be so tart! Maybe next time I won’t put a whole lime slice in the infuser. The tartness makes the cola flavor taste more like ginger, which does go well with the other flavors.

Flavors: Autumn Leaf Pile, Earth, Floral, Herbaceous, Lime, Tart