Almond Waffle & Maple Syrup

Oolong Tea
Maple Syrup, Marzipan, Malt, Nutty, Almond, Sweet
Vegan
Edit tea info Last updated by adagio breeze

• “Resteeped my leaves not expecting much after the delicate first cup, and was bowled over when I tried it and found that it was even more tasty than the first cup! I can taste the Doke more this...” Read full tasting note
  • “Wow hasn’t life gotten away from me recently! I’m sitting here surrounded by random stuff as I get my house ready to be packed up and moved across the country again with very little notice. I’m...” Read full tasting note
  • “Additional notes: Sipping this one again and it still tastes pretty good! I’d say the same as when I first tried it. So full of flavor on this unique oolong. Plenty of maple and butter and...” Read full tasting note
  • “How have I not written a tasting note for this one yet? It tastes like marzipan and maple syrup. I can identify the note that’s supposed to be waffle, but combined with the almond flavor it just...” Read full tasting note

From Butiki Teas

Our Almond Waffle & Maple Syrup tea is just the right amount of sweet and malty and tastes just like breakfast in a cup. Notes of sweet almonds, bready waffles, and fresh maple syrup pair brilliantly with our malty Doke Rolling Thunder oolong tea. While not necessary, adding sugar will make this tea an unbelievably delicious dessert treat.

Ingredients: Indian Oolong Tea, Almonds, Organic Natural Flavors (vegan)

Recommended Brew Time: 4 minutes
Recommended Amount: 2 level teaspoons of tea for 8oz of water
Recommended Temperature: 170 F

About Butiki Teas View company

Resteeped my leaves not expecting much after the delicate first cup, and was bowled over when I tried it and found that it was even more tasty than the first cup! I can taste the Doke more this time, and it has a really lovely nutty, honeyed tone I like a lot. The maple is very prominent, helped along by the sugar I added, and only gets stronger as the cup cools (though a little bit of astringency comes into it too). It’s very waffly and bready, but the almond is still not really there for me. Having said that though, I did just have some almonds as a snack before I drank this so there’s a chance that that’s why I couldn’t taste them in the tea. I’m really pleased I bought this. Not upping my rating because I think I overrated it last time, and 89 is about right for how I feel about it now.

Boiling 5 min, 0 sec 8 OZ / 236 ML

Wow hasn’t life gotten away from me recently!

I’m sitting here surrounded by random stuff as I get my house ready to be packed up and moved across the country again with very little notice. I’m trying to do this as my husband is away from work, I’ve just come back from an extended and unexpected international trip and with us both heading to Canada on Saturday for a visa run…. oh, all while still being expected by my employer to keep up with my normal work load… rant over…

I don’t even want to start to actually admit how much tea I ‘m actually starting to realize I have because of the packing and moving process BUT one of the best benefits of this exercise is I’m start to find things you didn’t think you had anymore, like this tea!

So I’m sitting here, taking a break from inventorying my life with a cup of tea and the Republican debate.. I need some ‘comic’ relief at this point. This tea has aged remarkably well!! No waffle notes anymore but there is some serious almond and maple syrup going on in this cup and that makes me super happy!! A touch of milk makes this feel like a decadent creamy breakfast treat, just at supper time!!

Maddy Barone

Wow, after reading about your life and job situation, I should quit complaining about mine! Moving is such a pain. Hope all goes well for you.

tea-sipper

Almost sipped this one today. I should soon! Good luck on moving!

Additional notes: Sipping this one again and it still tastes pretty good! I’d say the same as when I first tried it. So full of flavor on this unique oolong. Plenty of maple and butter and almond and sweetness. It’s almost like maple almond milk to me. I definitely do not suggest four minute steeps though. I’m raising the rating from 88. May the Butiki teas live forever on Steepster, at least!
Steep #1 // 30 minutes after boiling // 2 min steep
Steep #2 // 25 min a.b. // 2 1/2 min steep
Steep #3 // later

How have I not written a tasting note for this one yet? It tastes like marzipan and maple syrup. I can identify the note that’s supposed to be waffle, but combined with the almond flavor it just comes out as marzipan. Which is one of my favorite kinds of candy, so this is a total win for me. I can’t distinguish the base tea. Rather than assert its own flavor, it kind of chills out in the background to support the marzipan and maple. The sip ends with a slightly dry afterfeel and lingering maple syrup note. I can’t fathom adding sugar to this – it’s already just the right level of sweet for me.

Stacy, I miss your tea-blending genius!

Flavors: Maple Syrup, Marzipan

MMmmmm, I drank this one on a slow and snowy Sunday morning at work. It accompanied my waffle very well. The maple note was the forefront, followed by fluffy waffle (Belgium style) with a tiny bit of sweet nutty almond.
Yum! Next time perhaps I will add actual maple syrup to it :P

Flavors: Malt, Maple Syrup, Nutty

Made this last night when I decided against cleaning in favour of sitting in bed, reading some magazines I’ve had kicking around for too long, and watching episode 2 of The Fall. I loves me some British TV!

I was really impressed with this. I found it pretty much screamed maple and almond, and though I wasn’t quite getting “waffle”, there was definitely something bready about it. I have to remember to resteep it tonight before I forget what the used leaves in my steeper sitting on the counter are and accidentally throw them out :)

Another one of Butiki’s amazing finale teas that I am happy I ordered!

And here’s another Butiki tea, gone forever… 160

I’m not trying to sip these down on purpose, but I try a cup, really enjoy it, and gravitate back to it over the next few days. The last new blends were really well done and I have no regrets about drinking them while they are at their peak.

This was very maple-y, with a nice almond breadiness to balance it out. LOVELY.

That’s how I feel…they will be gulped up if I want them…no hoarding and drink them while they’re fresh! Butiki party!

Another from stacy – only something like 5? more new ones to try and get to soon, rather than later. This is maple and almond goodness. I don’t quite get the waffle, but i am a fan of how the sweetness of the maple and the almond work together in this blend. I don’t even mind that it’s an oolong :) On the whole, another win from stacy and one that i’m happy that i picked up!

AHHHHHHH THIS FREAKIN’ TEA.
Way to go out with a bang, Stacy!
First off the oolong base is just so perfect for this tea. It adds to the kind of nutty flavor that reminds me of almonds. Plus since the Maple Pecan tea had an oolong base, it was very fitting that this maple tea also has an oolong base.
Anyway, when I opened the bag all I could smell was waffles and syrup. Don’t know if there was an actual waffle flavoring added to this tea, but the dry leaf smell was seriously spot on!
When I was steeping it, the aroma mellowed out some, but was still strong.
But when I began drinking it, I was hit by all the flavors at once. Not even joking-this tea is super strong. Ridiculously sweet-in a good way!
It literally tastes like waffles and maple syrup in liquid form, with a hint of nuttiness. I seriously don’t know how she does it, but this tea is a freakin’ masterpiece.
You don’t even need sweetener! It’s that sweet.
This tea is absolutely delicious. I probably won’t be able to get more but mannn I am going to savor what I have.
In conclusion, this is another win from Butiki!
Stacy-you have done it again! Mann we will all miss you so much. Thank you for this amazing tea-you are certainly going out with a bang!!

Flavors: Almond, Maple Syrup, Nutty, Sweet

Butiki Teas

Hahaha. It is Stacy but I never correct anyone since even my relatives spell my name wrong. We did add waffle flavoring to this one. Really happy with this one. I feel like it was one of the best that I’ve done. :)

Ost

Haha I must change the spelling! I saw it spelled with an “e” in it on one note and then it just got in my head-haha! I’m sorry! XD And it’s definitely one of my favorite teas I’ve had from you-thank you soo soo much again!!!

tea-sipper

AH! Can’t wait to try mine! Should be here tomorrow! I had to order three of the new teas. :D

Ost

Yah! Can’t wait to see your notes, Tea Sipper!!