Chai Herbal Blend
Black Peppercorn, Burdock, Cacao Nibs, Cardamom, Cinnamon, Clove, Dandelion Root, Elderberry, Fennel, Ginger, Goji Berries, Saffron, Tulsi, Vanilla
Berry, Black Pepper, Cinnamon, Ginger, Goji
Caffeine Free
Edit tea info Last updated by Lexie Aleah
Boiling

• “This sample kindly came from Derk I love the smell of both the dry and wet tea leaf. Unfortunately taste wise there is a little too much going on. It’s quite heavy on the spices and the balance...” Read full tasting note
  • “Sipdown and glad to have this out of my stash. Less mustardy than the other times but still too much going on. 16 ingredients with no flavorings added. The goji-elderberry-caceo-vanillla...” Read full tasting note
  • “This is probably my least favorite of the Chroma blends I’ve tried. The goji/elderberry fruitiness is just not working with the heavy spices. The cinnamon, ginger, black peppercorn, and clove are...” Read full tasting note
  • “Had this one last weekend while working on podcast outlines and, admittedly, I was two deeply enthralled in writing that I didn’t much pay attention to the tea. The loose leaf smells very potent...” Read full tasting note

From Chroma Tea

Spiced chai herbal tisane blended with cinnamon, ginger, black peppercorn, tulsi, dandelion root, cardamom, goji berry, fennel, elderberry, cacao nibs, burdock, galangal, clove, saffron, vanilla, and hinoki cypress oil

This is chai spice after a fifth voyage around the world, having picked up inspiration at every stop along the way; finally world-weary and ready to set up as a hermit deep in a Hinoki Cypress forest and enjoy the balance it could only pick up with sixteen ingredients acting together in just the right way.

Brew this on its own, or add your favorite tea- a roasted oolong, like a rich Wuyi or Laoshan black tea. Give the blend even fuller texture with a touch of honey.

About Chroma Tea View company

This sample kindly came from Derk

I love the smell of both the dry and wet tea leaf.
Unfortunately taste wise there is a little too much going on. It’s quite heavy on the spices and the balance just isn’t there. I’ve had a chai tea that tasted almost exactly like this but also smelled really good. I can’t remember which one it was though. Perhaps it’s meant to be taken with milk? Glad to have gotten the chance to try it though. I’d much prefer drinking a chai like this with a bit too much spice/competing flavors than a black tea chai with a bitter base.

Boiling 0 OZ / 0 ML
derk

This is the one that I said I was trying to get rid of :P I hope you don’t harbor bad feelings about that!

Lexie Aleah

No hard feelings at all! haha I was happy to try it

Sipdown and glad to have this out of my stash.

Less mustardy than the other times but still too much going on. 16 ingredients with no flavorings added. The goji-elderberry-caceo-vanillla combination weirds me out.

Cameron B.

Goji with chocolate and vanilla does sound very odd ha ha. And mustardy?!

derk

I have no idea what combination of ingredients is giving me a mustard vibe. Looking at my note, I see some typo haha. Crazy day, time for shower and bed.

This is probably my least favorite of the Chroma blends I’ve tried. The goji/elderberry fruitiness is just not working with the heavy spices. The cinnamon, ginger, black peppercorn, and clove are most distinct, with the fruit lingering in the aftertaste. I was hoping to taste the cypress oil, but alas.

Flavors: Berry, Black Pepper, Cinnamon, Ginger, Goji

Had this one last weekend while working on podcast outlines and, admittedly, I was two deeply enthralled in writing that I didn’t much pay attention to the tea. The loose leaf smells very potent and heavily spiced, and ticked my nose and throat on scent alone. I don’t recall the steeped tea having the same level of “oomph” to it and the dry leaf had but I will have to drink again to be sure…

derk

Went on a little internet excursion to Chroma (looks like a side-shoot of Verdant) because of your review of Azure. Picked this one up and Aquamarine, too. Auburn smells so intense! I’m hoping the aroma transfers.