Rouge Délice

Fruity
Bulk, Loose Leaf
High
Organic
Edit tea info Last updated by Cameron B.

• “Just finished a mug of this along with a bunch of macarons while reading Little Women – I only just started the book so I’ve got a long way to go to finish it by the end of the month, but this was...” Read full tasting note
  • “This is a tasty tea, but I’m not liking it quite as much as the ones from Damman Freres that I drank yesterday. It is quite sweet, very sweet with fruit flavor. I think it would be incredible iced....” Read full tasting note

From Dammann Freres

A tea with a fruity bouquet combining cranberry, wild strawberry, blueberry and elderberry in a cocktail of red and black fruits with 100% natural scents.

Dominant note : Red fruits
Type(s) of tea : Black Tea
Main flavour : Cranberry
Complementary flavour(s) : Strawberry, Blueberry

About Dammann Freres View company

Just finished a mug of this along with a bunch of macarons while reading Little Women – I only just started the book so I’ve got a long way to go to finish it by the end of the month, but this was a very solid start. The tea was fine – it’s that sort of generic European red fruit type of flavour, but I like this a bit more than your typical red fruit blends because it’s not overly sweet/cloying, and actually has a very brisk and hearty black tea base with some tannin/astringency to it. Too many red fruit teas are overly sweet or overly tart, and this falls into neither of those traps.

This is a tasty tea, but I’m not liking it quite as much as the ones from Damman Freres that I drank yesterday. It is quite sweet, very sweet with fruit flavor. I think it would be incredible iced. The description says this has cranberry, strawberry, raspberry, and elderflower in it. There are two ways to look at the taste of this tea. One they are so well blended that no one flavor dominates, the other way that you can’t pick out a particular flavor. Either way it is good.

I brewed this once in a 16oz Teavana Glass Perfect Tea Maker/Gravity Steeper with 3 tsp leaf and 190 degree water for 3 min.

Flavors: Fruity