The Big Chill (organic)

Herbal Tea
Apple, Apricot Pieces, Lemon Balm, Lemon Myrtle, Mango, Natural Vanilla Flavor, Peppermint, Sunflowers, Valerian Root
Apple, Citrus, Mint, Smooth, Lemon, Peppermint, Spearmint, Floral, Fruity, Herbs, Vanilla, Mango, Medicinal, Herbaceous, Earth, Pine, Sweet
Caffeine Free
Kosher, Organic
Edit tea info Last updated by DAVIDsTEA

• “Someone sent me a sample of this one, and I decided to have it before bed tonight. I don’t know why I haven’t tried this before. Maybe because of the mint? Who knows – but now that I like mint in...” Read full tasting note
  • “A tasty and soothing blend, definitely worth trying! Like some of the other DAVIDsTEA herbal infusions I’ve tried, you do need to use extra tea/ add additional steeping time to coax a full-bodied...” Read full tasting note
  • “Ooops, didn’t realize this was meant as a sleeping aid or before bed tea. I’m enjoying it this afternoon at work so hopefully I don’t curl up for slumber at my desk. There’s quite an assortment...” Read full tasting note
  • “I thought this tea would be kind of weird because of the variety of ingredients but it was surprisingly good. Very light and refreshing. Way better with sugar.” Read full tasting note

From DAVIDsTEA

What’s our most popular tea request? Something that will help you relax or get more sleep. And thanks to a shot of uber-calming valerian root, this sweet and minty caffeine-free blend is pretty much guaranteed to knock you out. The best part? It tastes amazing, too. With soothing hints of apple, peppermint, lemon myrtle and apricot, it’s delicately fruity, lightly creamy and utterly refreshing. Just one cup is all it takes to…zzzzzzz……

About DAVIDsTEA View company

Someone sent me a sample of this one, and I decided to have it before bed tonight. I don’t know why I haven’t tried this before. Maybe because of the mint? Who knows – but now that I like mint in teas, I was more than willing to try it. This is actually really good! It’s nice and relaxing, with the citrus/lemon and the mint. The other fruity notes are really nice as well. I’m gonna have to buy some of this! So soothing.

Flavors: Apple, Citrus, Mint

A tasty and soothing blend, definitely worth trying! Like some of the other DAVIDsTEA herbal infusions I’ve tried, you do need to use extra tea/ add additional steeping time to coax a full-bodied flavour out of it. However, when left to steep a while, the flavour is very enjoyable and relaxing! The sweet apple and soothing peppermint feel very smooth and clean. Definitely a good tea for sitting down and taking a moment.

Flavors: Apple, Citrus, Mint, Smooth

Boiling 7 min, 0 sec 3 tsp 10 OZ / 295 ML

Ooops, didn’t realize this was meant as a sleeping aid or before bed tea. I’m enjoying it this afternoon at work so hopefully I don’t curl up for slumber at my desk. There’s quite an assortment of ingredients in it and I’m enjoying the way the mint, vanilla, lemon and apple flavours all blend together. I don’t really pick up any apricot. Enjoyable overall. I don’t really have tea right before bed anyways as I try to avoid trips to the washroom through the night.

Flavors: Apple, Lemon, Mint, Peppermint, Spearmint

205 °F / 96 °C 6 min, 0 sec 5 g 12 OZ / 355 ML
Fjellrev

Did it end up making you feel drowsy later on?

CelticBrew

Naw, not drowsy. Just nicely relaxed!

Flavors: Floral, Fruity, Herbs

1 tsp 10 OZ / 295 ML

My partner and I loved this tea. When I read other comments about it tasting medicinal or not good, I have to wonder if they are making it too strong. I can see those flavours overtaking the milder flavours if brewed too long or with too much tea or with too hot water. I used about 1/3 of the sample tin and the flavour was really delicious. It did make me sleepy even with that amount.

Flavors: Floral, Lemon, Vanilla

Still forever thinking that this tea’s name doesn’t do it justice.

Like, the amount of times it gets skipped over by people looking for soothing night time blends is crazy because this is actually a REALLY good evening option; people just have no clue what to expect from it based on the name. I mean, even I don’t know exactly what the name is referring to? I’m guessing probably the cooling element from the mint?

Anyway; this was really delicious last night – very thick mouthfeel and rich flavour. Plus, as someone who hates chamomile it’s really nice for me to have a bed time option that doesn’t include it but still has Valerian root! Top notes are vanilla and really cream lemon, body is apricot/apple, and the finish is crisp, cooling apple accented by the mint. Really relaxing overall.

Forever recommending this one as a night time herbal option; it’s an unsung hero.

Evol Ving Ness

I’ve always thought it referred to the big relax and get ready for bed. Unwind, unwind, and leave the stress behind.

La grande évasion… Mmmmm!!!! Tisane qui rempli totalement ses promesses!!! Pris à plusieurs reprises avant de dormir. Très goûteux dans le bon sens du terme. Relaxant, reconfortant

This tea is blended very well considering the ingredient list. It is also quite refreshing. I will keep a small amount around but it didn’t wow me enough to get a bunch like my mint chocolate rooibos which is also caffeine free for night time enjoyment.

This tea has quite a medicinal taste. It doesn’t taste very good. It gets low marks for taste. Now for why I bought it. Will it help with sleep?.

Boiling 8 min or more 4 tsp 16 OZ / 473 ML
TeaBrat

did it?

AllanK

Not really if I remember right. This was three weeks ago.

I bought this mainly because I was curious about this tea with valerian root that would be a helpful sleepy tea…but for me it did nothing. And to boot, it doesn’t even taste that great. Its not offensive, a mild peppermint, lightly fruity tea…but not something I’d drink for taste alone. If it worked to help me feel sleepy or helped me sleep, I’d probably drink it for that benefit but since it doesn’t do anything on that front, I can’t see myself ever drinking this for taste when there are so many other better flavored teas out there.