Vanilla Matcha

Green Matcha Blend
Green Tea, Natural Flavours
Creamy, Grass, Vanilla, Sweet, Vegetal, Earth, Coconut, Cream, Sugar, Chicken Soup, Mud, Plants, Wet Earth
Medium
Edit tea info Last updated by DAVIDsTEA

From DAVIDsTEA

This all-natural blend of stone-ground matcha and pure coconut nectar is the easiest, most convenient way to make your favourite green tea drinks. It’s already sweetened, so all you need to do is decide what you want to make. You can blend it with milk and ice for an amazing smoothie, froth it with milk for a latte, or add a spoonful to your next milkshake for a real treat. Looks like you’ve got some seriously tasty experimenting to do.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

This is my first time trying matcha, a severely ground up green tea that is FULL of antioxidants and gives you enough energy to keep you through the day. I know some people put it in pancakes, ice cream, cookies, oatmeal, etc other than drinking it on its own or in a latte.

It does have a grassy smell right off, but it wasn’t too bad. The taste didn’t really come out for me until it was brewed. I didn’t have it straight like I usually do, but I decided to have it as a latte and the creaminess and the slight vanilla taste appealed to me into maybe buying some more.

It is a bit tricky to mix it up if you’re not used to it, but I didn’t have a whisk and used my milk frother. I am thinking of getting the Matcha Maker from DT if I do decide to get more since it seems easier to shake it up than whisking it IMO.

Not sure if I’ll try the straight Matchas, but I think starting with this little bag of the Vanilla was a good choice.

I just wish caffeine did something for me, I felt no extra ‘buzz’ during the day and I can usually have a pop or a black tea before bed and sleep just fine, but that shouldn’t impact on anyone’s choice for wanting to try matcha.

I would recommend this little green tea and recommend the Vanilla flavour as a great starter. 4 out of 5 scoops!

Finally decided to try this matcha. I’ve been on a matcha obsession lately. So today I’m starting my day with hot vanilla matcha latte! Surprisingly its not that sweet. I did notice it has none of that ‘cane sugar’ in it, so thats always good. It’s got a hint of vanilla, but also a creamy and grassy note to it. I don’t mind it at all. I’m also glad I don’t taste the coconut nectar in it. Overall I like this matcha. It’s a nice one to enjoy hot!

Flavors: Creamy, Grass, Vanilla

170 °F / 76 °C

1908 tasting notes

I found that the tea was difficult to sift properly as something, possibly the coconut nectar, made it clump up into tiny pebbles. I made sure to whisk the tea extra thoroughly which seems to have done the trick to dissolve the clumps at least. The colour of this matcha is sort of a dull, dark, muddy green – I’m not super familiar with how matcha is graded but I think I recall that it’s an indicator of a lower-quality matcha. The flavour is a bit disappointing, as it’s largely the sweet coconut nectar and the vanilla flavouring the come across, with the matcha serving as a vegetal background. The tea is just on the near side of being too sweet, though I’m glad that they at least used a natural sweetener, rather than something like stevia.

I honestly wasn’t expecting too much from a matcha from Davids Tea and this tea neither exceeded nor disappointed those expectations. I might try this as a latte or perhaps in a smoothie, but I wouldn’t recommend it as a straight matcha. I get the impression that this is intended to be a sort of a matcha-for-newbies who might otherwise be put off by the grassy, bitter flavours.

165 °F / 73 °C 1 tsp 8 OZ / 240 ML

Hot with a smidge of milk.

Another co-worker recommendation – it’s been AGES since I last had this one; I like most of our matcha quite a bit but the two with coconut sugar in them have always tasted pretty bleh to me. Sure enough, drinking this I taste FAR MORE coconut than I actually taste vanilla. I’d love to see an updated version of this tea that ditches the coconut sugar…

This is my favorite matcha from David’s Tea (without trying their two highest priced matcha). It reminds me of drinking the milk from a cereal bowl, but better. Because of the coconut sweetener, it can’t really go straight into a cold latte – the sugar doesn’t dissolve well in cold milk.

Hmm. I’m not getting much of a vanilla taste or smell to this matcha. Much more like a coconut kinda taste, which may be from the coconut nectar they use as a sweetener? Hmm, I don’t know if I really like it, but I’ll drink it. lol

Let me begin by saying that I just love tea right now and I especially love trying new teas with no preconceived notions just willing and open to the possibilities of having a good tea. I find some tea enthusiasts who preach that one should never have bagged tea or stay away from flavored tea, you should never add sweetener or milk and you know what I say to that? No Thank You! Drink your tea how you like it, isn’t that the point! To enjoy it and grow and be on the journey? I am sure over time your tastes will change and that is the whole idea.

Now that I have said my little piece I really enjoyed this so much that I bought 76 grams of it along with the Grand Cru Matcha witch is just beautiful and I bought 75 grams of that. I am stocked for Easter with Matcha. Please enjoy some tea however you like it.

Flavors: Creamy, Sweet, Vanilla

I love the smell of vanilla, and this smells great and tastes not bad. Takes some getting use to because it feels a little thick compared to steeped tea. But it is pretty nice

Flavors: Vanilla, Vegetal

I did not want to like this one. It’s quite nice and soft tasting. The vanilla is creamy and just works for me. Ugh. I need to buy more…

Sipdown (302)

Well Sil, I tried it again and basically drank orange juice with a glob of vanilla matcha at the end, despite my excessive shaking. Guess I’m doomed to never have a creamsicle matcha drink.

that’s weird. maybe your matcha doesn’t love you

VariaTEA

First of all, rude! Second of all, it might be true :(

at least it’s a sipdown…you need some more of those haha

VariaTEA

Especially since I’ve been informed that my tickled tea order arrived.

So exciting! i found no teas in chicago sigh