Electric Lemonade

Yerba maté Tea
Apple, Blackberry Leaves, Blueberry, Green Yerba Mate, Lemon, Raspberry, Red Currant, Strawberry
Black Currant, Lemon, Smoke, Strawberry, Cannabis, Berry, Sour, Tobacco, Artificial, Floral, Lemon Zest, Tangy, Raspberry, Apple, Lime, Mint, Spearmint, Sweet, Green, Tart, Blueberry, Fruity, Berries, Blackberry, Citrusy, Honeydew, Smooth
High
Kosher
Edit tea info Last updated by Shae

From DAVIDsTEA

Shockingly delicious

Looking for an iced tea with a little extra zip? Plug in to this super-charged citrus supernova and prepare for a major buzz. With the bold, tangy flavours of lemon, currants and berries, it’s tart, fruity and anything but shy. And with an added boost from a big hit of yerba mate, it’s guaranteed to leave you feeling energized, uplifted and ready for anything. Looks like your childhood lemonade stand just got a grown-up twist.

Ingredients: Apple, green mate, apple pomace (pomace, citric acid), sweet blackberry leaves, blueberry, red currants, raspberry, strawberry, natural red currant, lemon and strawberry flavouring.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

As a highly caffeinated beverage to enjoy iced in the summer, perhaps with gin or tequila, or as part of a white sangria? Delicious. Brew for as long as possible to bring out the natural sweetness.

As a tea, brewed for a few minutes and drank hot? Underwhelming. The Yerba really really doesn’t go harmoniously with the rest of the fruit flavors until the tea has had a very long time to steep in the fruit and take away the natural sugars from it. The lemon zest is overwhelming and contrasts the smoky flavor of the yerba in the worst way possible.

Flavors: Black Currant, Lemon, Smoke, Strawberry

Iced 8 min or more 3 tsp 25 OZ / 750 ML

Not great iced or hot. The almost tobacco-like mate flavor just gets overwhelmed by the artificial fruit flavor.

Flavors: Berry, Sour, Tobacco

I iced this. Too bitter. Maybe steep it for a shorter period of time next time?

Boiling 8 min or more 3 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML

I was really looking forward to trying this tea. I made a large pitcher to enjoy with my family. Sadly I am disappointed with this tea.

Dried the sour, tangy, strawberry aroma was mouth watering wonderful. It brewed a cloudy yellowish and then went to a pale redish brown colour. The aroma brewed was strawberry, fruity, and sweet and I could not wait to drink it. This is where it all fell apart. The taste was a weird artificial floral taste, nothing like I expected from the aroma and the description.

After several attempts to try this, I just could not finish a single cup. On the upside, my oldest likes this and will take it away with her to College.

Flavors: Artificial, Floral

Iced 7 min, 0 sec
Fjellrev

w00t, at least someone will be able to get it out your hair.

Cat-Nap

I was grateful that she liked it, otherwise I was going to find someone else who wanted it before I tossed it.

Here’s Hoping Teabox – Round Six – Tea #7
Here is an odd one I get to try from Davids. It’s also a teabox sipdown. I thought it was an interesting mix of ingredients but I swear I could only taste splenda. Yuck. Maybe hints of odd fruit here and there. I think the yerba mate at least helped my brain though… I was able to get some focused power reading done yesterday.

I really don’t like this one. It has an odd taste. Maybe it will be better cold brewed.

BACKLOG – This tea I first tried iced and it was pretty good, so I bought 50g of it when it was the tea of the month last year. But soon I found that it bothered my tongue after a while of drinking it… I’m pretty sure its the citric acid in the ingredients that does this. I have a very sensitive tongue when it comes to things like acidic foods or in this case, drinks. It’s just sad because I really do like this tea. I’m just taking a long time to finish what I have of it.
I found a loophole though, I mixed it with Pink Lemonade and it wasn’t so bad on my tongue. So that’s good. Overall though, this is a refreshing summer iced tea. (If you like lemonade)

Flavors: Lemon Zest, Tangy

hah! how long has it been since i was here? too long…

apologies for my lapse, friends. this reviews signals a change. :-) since mid november last year i’ve been at tent city in victoria bc as a support worker. i have been wrangling police, fire, mcfd, provincial reps, parole boards, POs, street nurses, harm reduction teams, MPs, MLAs and news crews. (did i miss anybody? lol) in short it’s been a brilliant zoo filled with incredible characters both tragic and hilarious. that said i am reviewing a DAVID’S tea because i am so broke (did i mention i was unpaid?) that even a DT encroaches on my budget uncomfortably.

i enjoy mates. i like the hum version of caffeine it parcels out and the lack of a crash afterwards- a nice steady caffeine climb. is this the highest quality mate… no. BUT it’s summertime. this time of year i make iced tea… and i never use my highest quality teas to make iced tea, so this tea is more than adequate. it’s light, fresh, tangy and fruity.

back to school and i started paid work this past tuesday. yay affordable mate! also yay 82 million dollars towards affordable, accessible, low barrier housing on vancouver island… it’s a good start.

Flavors: Lemon, Raspberry

gmathis

Wow on every level. Good to see you back!

welcome back!

Fjellrev

Welcome back, James!

JustJames

thank you so much my friends. it’s good to read you all…. xo

This stuff is really good. The best Mate I have tired from DT as of yet. It dosnt have quite the kick as the BUZZ – which I hate, but it is nice to get a little wake up. Still nothing like coffee.

I like mixing this one with Pink Lemonade.

Flavors: Apple, Lemon, Lime, Mint, Spearmint, Strawberry, Sweet

195 °F / 90 °C 8 min or more

I have no idea why, but something about this tea made it taste like liquid marijuana to me.. so odd. I enjoyed the tartness. Better iced than hot.