Strawberry Matcha

Edit tea info Last updated by DAVIDsTEA
180 °F / 82 °C 8 oz / 236 ml

From DAVIDsTEA

Game, set, matcha.

An all-natural blend of stone-ground matcha, pure cane sugar and a fruity hint of strawberries. Try it in your next smoothie, shake or latte!

About DAVIDsTEA View company

Sipdown! 83/365

Today I learned that you’re supposed to use 5-7 matcha spoonfuls of DT’s flavoured matchas for 16oz water. A matcha spoonful is 1/2 tsp, so that’s 2.5-3.5 teaspoons. That’s a lot! Especially as it is heavy/dense. Anyhow, I think I purchased maaaaaybe 2 teaspoons of each matcha, so I just used this one up entirely today (I’m only making 8oz, possibly less). Today has clearly been a long day, because I drank it this morning and am struggling to recall it. I do know that blueberry was better, but I could taste light strawberry. I think I wished it was stronger and more candy-like. Not bad, though.

Roswell Strange

Personally I NEVER use more than 4 perfect matcha spoons max when making matcha for myself. Usually less than that. So don’t worry about not using the “right”/recommended amount if you’re enjoying the taste at a lower gram amount.

VariaTEA

I use 1/2 tsp/8 oz when making matcha. I don’t think I ever strayed from that so 2.5-3.5 tsps seems a bit nuts

Kittenna

I honestly didn’t measure anything, I just dumped things in my cup :D I’m drinking everything with milk, so it’s pretty hard to get it too strong, but I’m still really surprised at that recommendation for a non-latte. Good to know that I’m not crazy in thinking so (I can’t imagine that the added sweetener adds that much volume…)

This is pretty good whisked with milk for a sort of over latte effect. Whisked in hot water, it’s unpleasantly grassy. Not too sad to be finished with this one.

I bought this one during the summer while I was pregnant. Because of the caffeine and not wanting to overdo it, I didn’t try this one and bought 100g blind, hoping I would love it. Thankfully I was right! This tea is so delicious. I made it up with some milk because I haven’t been able to master drinking matcha straight up yet. I’m hoping I will be able to someday, but as of right now, it’s not happening.
Anyways, so I probably made this a bit stronger than needed. I grabbed the wrong spoon. I used my Teaopia teaspoon instead of my matcha spoon… so probably an extra half a scoop than needed, but oh well. This would make a great latte. I would probably love that. And I’d probably even enjoy this one as either an iced latte or iced tea with a splash of milk. Either way.
So I should actually mention something about the flavour of this one. haha It’s got a really nice strawberry flavour. It’s really spot-on, which makes me very happy. It doesn’t taste like artificial strawberries. I don’t get a lot of the green tea flavour, but that’s okay. It’s there, but not very strong. My only “complaint” about this one is that it is VERY sweet. Like, very sweet. I would have preferred if they had cut back on the cane sugar a bit.

But even still, I will enjoy this one quite a bit. I’m glad I got 100g and I will probably get more if it comes back.

Iced!

I’ve been craving this one since we brought it back as a core matcha and I finally got the chance to brew up a cup of it today at work! It wasn’t nearly as creamy/strawberry milkshake as I remember it being but still a very lovely, ‘punchy’ full bodied strawberry flavour that was fucking DELICIOUS. A mix of over ripe, succulent strawberries and strawberry candy. Almost a strawberry gummy candy, like red gummy bears? Kind of weird that it reminded me of such a specific strawberry candy, though. I loved it regardless, though.

Song Pairing: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6nKooIjKtZc&list=LL1M1wDjmJD4SJr_CwzXAGuQ&index=8

Less of a deliberate pairing and more a pairing of circumstance since I was just really in a Flobots kind of mood on my bus ride home from work today, which is when I drank the majority of this iced tea.

Made this today as a matcha latte with almond milk and sugar. It is quite tasty. Strong strawberry flavor but not too much matcha flavor. Overall while this is probably not considered a ceremonial grade matcha it is pretty tasty.

Making of this was simple. I have limited access to my tea ware now. So I put three matcha scoops of matcha in a cup, added about 10oz 175 degree water and then uses an Ikea frother to mix the matcha. I then added the sugar and almond milk and used the frother again. Came out quite tasty.

175 °F / 79 °C

Yum! This is a very good matcha to mix with milk. Tastes just like a strawberry milkshake with the matcha kick to it.

Do you know strawberry milk? The super sweet stuff you buy in bottles (usually when you’re a kid)? Well, that’s what this tastes like. Strawberry milk but for adults because of caffeine.

It would be interesting to try some other flavors of matcha that DAVIDs has to offer since it’s certainly easier than Red Leaf Tea to get ahold of. Maybe I will hit up a store while I still have my 20% off discount (or is it 30% now?).

Dry leaf: Vegetal matcha with strong strawberry notes.

Liqueur: Opaque green. Vegetal matcha with strawberry accents.

Flavour: Sweet jam-like strawberry flavours coat the palate. The vegetal matcha provides a brightness and compliments the strawberry very well.

Flavors: Grass, Strawberry, Sweet

185 °F / 85 °C 2 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML
Skysamurai

Have you tried Lupicia’s strawberry match? And if so how do they compare

MrQuackers

I actually have tried strawberries blended with a good amount of matcha making a hot 500 mL drink. With sugar, the taste was more like hot apple cider with the strawberries acidity. These were super fresh summer berries. Didn’t taste like strawberry jam to me. Lol