Mudslide

Rooibos Tea
Carob, Chocolate Chips, Coffee Beans, Natural Flavours, Rooibos
Cocoa, Coffee, Chocolate, Mocha, Sweet, Burnt Sugar, Dark Chocolate, Earth, Creamy, Espresso, Honey, Milk, Rooibos
Bulk, Loose Leaf
Low
Edit tea info Last updated by Michelle

From DAVIDsTEA

What happens when you mix chocolate, coffee beans, carob and cream? You get the richest, darkest, most satisfying drink around. That’s right – the Mudslide. You know it as a frozen cocktail made with vodka, coffee liqueur and Irish cream – maybe even a scoop of ice cream if you’re feeling wild. Our rooibos version tastes just as decadent, but won’t give you a sugar rush or a hangover. It’s rich, creamy and dangerously addictive. Just try to resist…

Ingredients: Rooibos, carob, coffee beans, chocolate chips (sugar, cocoa mass, cocoa powder, cocoa butter, sunflower lecithin), natural flavouring.

Price: $7.98 per 50g

About DAVIDsTEA View company

I always liked the descriptions for mudslides when I see them on bar menus. They sound like dessert and a drink all in one. So … I really wanted to like this tea. And I do like the idea of it. The chocolate is present. But the coffee flavor dominates and turns this into something I just don’t love.

Need to try this one as a latte. As a normally brew cup it was ok but nothing really fantastic. Coffee, creamy, chocolate ish.

Must drink with milk! Drinkable hot without milk, but did not enjoy iced. Once I added milk, I enjoyed the tea so much more.

Flavors: Cocoa, Coffee

my favourite in the cocktail collection, awesome!

I don’t know why I waited so long to review this one because it’s one of my favourites right now, but here it is. I surprisingly love this blend, it reminds me of mocha latte, but even better. I’m not a coffee drinker AT ALL, so I wasn’t sure if I’d like this, but turns out its AMAZING iced with soy milk. It’s got that mocha-y taste, without it being overwhelming, and the carob which makes it nice and rich, but there’s also the sweet chocolate taste as well. Its amazing. I could drink iced lattes all day. I tried it with some chocolate agave too and it’s just as good. Love love love!!

Flavors: Chocolate, Coffee, Mocha, Sweet

Finishing off my Cocktail collection reviews is Mudslide. This one stood out like a sore thumb in this collection – it’s very dessert-y and bold in comparison to the rest. I brewed this one up hot, unlike the rest, which I reviewed iced. I taste a lovely earthy base note of red rooibos with depth from the coffee and carob, and finally a sweetness from the chocolate. I was actually expecting this to be sweeter, but I’m glad it’s not. Coffee-flavoured teas are always something I’m intrigued by, but they never seem to live up to my expectations. I think that if I want something coffee-flavoured, I’d prefer to drink a cup of decaf coffee over a coffee-flavoured tea.

Flavors: Burnt Sugar, Coffee, Dark Chocolate, Earth, Sweet

“Oddly accurate” as my mother describes it. The rooibos base is great (flavours of honey, cake, sweet and rooibosy goodness), creamy mocha coffee, carob, rich cocoa, milk (despite no milk ingredients in this blend), and coffee beans. The cocoa + cream + coffee + sweet rooibos is just perfect for the name of the blend. I’m impressed at the unique blend, as I’ve not had coffee flavoured tea before. Plus, this is low caffeine (trace amounts from the coffee beans and chocolate chips, but not the same levels as a black base.

This is sweet enough on its own, but it is fabulous iced or hot. Both ways would be good with milk, especially almond or cashew milk for a nutty taste.

Flavors: Chocolate, Cocoa, Coffee, Creamy, Espresso, Honey, Milk, Mocha, Rooibos, Sweet

Iced 8 min or more 1 tsp 19 OZ / 550 ML
Michelle

I love it iced with soy milk :) Yummy

Fjellrev

Oh, interesting that they came out with this one. Will need to try it too!

I was super-excited to try this new tea. I really, really wanted to love it. I had heard that it tasted a lot like Mocha Latte, which I love. And it is definitely similar to Mocha Latte, but I would say that the coffee flavour and carob is more pronounced in this one. I enjoy the chocolate side more than the coffee side. So, I did not end up enjoying this one as much as I had hoped. I tried it as a hot tea with some milk. I had been planning to pick up 250g when I walked into the store, but thought I should try it first….and I am relieved that I did because this one is not for me. I picked up a tiny bit to take home and try again in other ways, but I think I will never enjoy this one like I love Mocha Latte. If you were looking for a Mocha Latte with a stronger coffee component, this may be the tea for you! I know a lot of people love this one! It is just not for me.

I did not like this one at all.

Last cocktail tea!

I’ve gotta say, I was a touch surprised by this one. It didn’t sound unpleasant to me despite being coffee flavoured, but since the cocktail collection is usually iced teas I was surprised they were with something more dessert-like and inspired by cream based liquors. There are SO many interesting cocktails out that that this just seemed like an oddball choice. Like, what about a Fuzzy Navel tea? Or a Manhatten? That could have been REALLY interesting! Stick it on a black base, with grenadine (like a Monk’s blend), some cranberries and cherries, and some pithy orange rind. You could totally pull that off…

Anyway, it tastes pretty good. It reminds me a lot of Mocha Latte or Tea Desire’s Latte Macciato because of the strong cream, coffee and milk chocolate flavours. In that way, I think it’s a bit boring because it’s not unique/exciting. However, there is ONE thing here that in my mind sets this one apart; it’s got a very strong, sweet and delicious carob flavour that offers something different from the other similar blends. I made this one iced to fit in with the rest of the collection since I’d tried all of them that way, however the flavour really does seem to me like it would be much better suited for a hot tea, likely either with a touch of milk or just as a full blown latte.

It’s good. Different. Probably a much needed switch up from the rest of the collection which is very, very fruity…