Peachy Lychee

Apple, Black Tea, Blackberry Leaves, Candied Pinapple, Hibiscus, Lychee, Natural Flavours, Orange Peel, Peach
Floral, Lychee, Peach, Sweet, Apricot, Candy, Orange Zest, Fruity, Sugar
Loose Leaf, Sachet
Low
Edit tea info Last updated by Michelle

• “Work – 2:00 PM Whew, it’s been a busy day at work. Just now getting lunch and writing about this tea, even though I’ve been sipping on it for a couple of hours now. This has way more lychee than I...” Read full tasting note
  • “I was pleasantly surprised by my enjoyment of this tea. I am not typically a fan of fruity teas, but enjoy iced peach tea enough to try it. It was refreshing and enjoyable over ice, but out of...” Read full tasting note
  • “Grabbed this one, kind of at random, as one of my travel teas and was kind of disappointed. It’s not a bad tea, just kind of bland? I kept confusing it with a pomegranate black tea from DavidsTea...” Read full tasting note
  • “An enjoyable tea, to be sure, but not overly distinct in flavour. The black tea base is unobtrusive but rather thin-tasting. The fruit flavours are sweet and peachy with a slightly tangy note...” Read full tasting note

From DAVIDsTEA

Brace yourselves – there’s a heat wave coming. And it looks like it’s gonna be a real scorcher. Now’s the perfect time to load up on the “it” fruit of the season: lychees. Not only are these juicy white berries packed with nutrients, they’re also well-loved for their cooling effects. Lucky for you, this iced tea is full of ‘em. Combined with the wonderful flavours of sweet summer peaches and rich black tea, our invigorating lychee blend is the ultimate pick-me-up. One sip is all it takes to find pure, delicious refreshment.

Ingredients: Black tea, apple, candied pineapple (pineapple, sugar), oran ge peel, sweet blackberry leaves, white hibiscus blossoms, peach, lychee, natural peach flavouring.

Price per 50g: $9.98

About DAVIDsTEA View company

Work – 2:00 PM

This has way more lychee than I expected or remembered. It’s also quite sweet, I had to check to make sure it didn’t have stevia in it. Maybe it’s the blackberry leaves? I dunno. Anyway, the lychee is the strongest flavor here for me, and I find lychee sort of juicy and floral tasting. There is also some peach, which plays a nice supporting role. Overall, it’s a little bit weak though, especially considering how much leaf I used.

So it’s nice enough, but not great. I bet it would be very good iced though.

Flavors: Floral, Lychee, Peach, Sweet

I was pleasantly surprised by my enjoyment of this tea. I am not typically a fan of fruity teas, but enjoy iced peach tea enough to try it. It was refreshing and enjoyable over ice, but out of curiousity I also tried a hot mug with some cream and it was good this way as well.
Iced there is an extreme fruity flavour, the peach definitely overwhelms the palette, with a little bit of citrus notes.
Hot with cream it is reminiscent of peach cobbler. The aroma is similar to this as well.

Flavors: Apricot, Candy, Orange Zest, Peach

Grabbed this one, kind of at random, as one of my travel teas and was kind of disappointed. It’s not a bad tea, just kind of bland? I kept confusing it with a pomegranate black tea from DavidsTea that feels similar. Kind of fruity/sweet kind of sour, definitely not a restock or a tea I’m going to miss.

An enjoyable tea, to be sure, but not overly distinct in flavour. The black tea base is unobtrusive but rather thin-tasting. The fruit flavours are sweet and peachy with a slightly tangy note towards the end, although it’s honestly reminiscent of several other peach-flavoured teas I’ve tried. It’s certainly worth trying if you enjoy peachy teas, but it’s nothing special.

Flavors: Fruity, Peach, Sweet

Wow, the aroma of this tea once opening the package was heavenly! Like fruity peach candy. Brewing, it smelled just as lovely. Taste wise, I definitely taste peach and floral tones. Not sure what lychee tastes like though, so not sure if that is what I am tasting. However, it is a very yummy cup of peachy iced tea.

Ok so this is my new secret guilty pleasure that I really do not want to admit to people. I am enjoying the flavour of this tea, peach and all. Though today’s cup was a little more peachy than anything else.

Flavors: Peach, Sweet

195 °F / 90 °C 5 min, 0 sec 5 g 16 OZ / 473 ML

This is a very light peach and somewhat floral tea. I guess the floral taste would be the lychee part of it. I really like this tea iced with some agave… It’s taken me while to actually review this because I wasn’t really sure how to describe it.

Flavors: Floral, Lychee, Peach

Iced 3 min, 0 sec

This is what I imagine when I imagine the perfect peach black tea. The balance of flavors is perfect for me. Sort of sweet, and the peach flavor comes out in a short enough brew time that the black tea doesn’t get bitter.

Flavors: Peach

Boiling

I feel like I’m the only one who barely tastes the peach in this tea. I understand that it’s a black tea and that the peach flavour would not be predominant, but it simply tastes like a very sweet black tea to me. While I taste very little peach, I taste even less lychee. Not a favourite.

Update: After finishing the cup, I did begin to notice the peach flavour a bit more. I’ve adjusted my numerical rating to reflect this. However, I still could not recommend this tea due to its lacklustre flavour.

Flavors: Peach, Sugar, Sweet

I really enjoyed this blend over ice this summer. It’s definitely floral, which I’m attributing to the lychee and the white hibiscus. Floral isn’t normally thing, but, since the peach is the dominant flavor on my palate, I don’t mind. It’s certainly one of the stand-out blends from DT this year for me.

Flavors: Floral, Peach