Orange Passionfruit

Herbal Tea
Apple, Beet Root, Carrot, Citric Acid, Natural Flavours, Orange Peel, Organic Flavours, Raisins
Orange, Sweet, Fruity, Orange Zest, Passion Fruits, Raisins, Tropical
Decaffeinated
Organic
Edit tea info Last updated by Perry Papadopoulos
Iced 8 min or more 17 oz / 500 ml

From DAVIDsTEA

Rise and shine, tea lover! Looking to start your day off on the right foot? This OJ doppelganger is where it’s at. One sip and you’ll feel like you can tackle anything life throws your way. Monday morning meeting? No sweat. 6AM swim meet? Bring it. But this juicy classic isn’t just for the breakfast table. Combined with tropical passion fruit, we’ve turned it into a refreshing iced tea you can enjoy 24/7. It’s sweet, vibrant and delightfully sunny – just like you.

Ingredients: Organic: Apple, raisins, carrot, beetroot, orange peel. With citric acid, organic orange and natural passion fruit flavouring.

Price per 50g: $8.98

About DAVIDsTEA View company

This tastes oddly like Five Alive. So I guess that’s good.

Whew, what a day. I had a pretty good job interview today, ran into a former coworker and had a nice visit, was bad and ate delicious food at the food court (feel terrible now but damn, that mini DQ Blizzard for Miracle Treat Day was for a good cause! And I’m not ashamed to admit that I enjoyed the Pizza Hut personal pan pizza), plus picked up this and a bunch of other blends for the sale price. I wanted to grab another steeper, this time for my mom, but can’t seem to find anymore of those $9 ones despite checking two locations over the past couple days. Oh well.

And psst, that maple fudge talk a few of us were having the other day? I picked up some Maple Walnut Fudge at Rocky Mountain Chocolate, plus some Chocolate Pecan fudge since it was BOGO half off. Ugh! So ashamed, but I won’t try them until tomorrow since I already failed at the calorie game today.

ANYway, onto this tea. I have tried this in store not long after it came out and I wasn’t too impressed. I liked it but it seemed a little too sweet. Something possessed me to grab a tin of it today and I’m glad I did, because brewing it at home, it’s a lot more orange juice-like. I get a swig of that infamous DAVIDsTEA passionfruit flavouring at the beginning of the sip but it rapidly dissipates. But I’m not upset about that because this hits the spot for those times when you want orange juice but don’t want to drink your calories, you know? It tastes pulpy.

Helena

Meh I love my OJ. There are good calories and bad calories. As long as you aren’t eating/drinking empty calories and instead getting nutritional calories your okay even if you go over your count. People fixate too much on the numbers, they often forget the difference. OJ is only bad if there is too much sugar. I love the stuff with extra pulp (pulp=fibre btw)

Helena

I hope you like the fudge!! I found some of my Maple Pecan Oolong from Butiki so I shall log that tomorrow :D

Fjellrev

I love OJ with extra pulp too. So delicious. I treat myself to it every once in a while. My problem is that the one time I’ve ever lost weight was when I obsessed over calories, cut major calories, and weighed everything. I kind of fell off the bandwagon lately with that but need to start up again soon.

I’ll let you know what I think of the fudge! It sure looks fantastic.

Oh man, Maple Pecan Oolong. How I wish that was still available.

Helena

I use MyFitnessPal but I don’t weigh anything. I just put in the general setting so I get an idea of what I’m eating without being controlled by it. I lost a good deal of weight that way. I also bought a fitness tracker (fitbit back then) I have since upgraded to a Garmin 230 so I get my steps and gps tracking of my bike rides.

Fjellrev

I’m on MFP too! I’m glad to hear that weighing everything works for you. I know some say that calorie-counting and weighing can be unhealthy psychologically. Are you liking your Garmin? I have a Polar Loop at the moment. It’s great for tracking steps, and the chest strap is good for gym activities but it’s bad at accurately detecting when I’m standing for long periods of time.

Helena

I love my Garmin but I turned off the inactive meter. I don’t weigh anything for MFP. Honestly I mostly just guess. It’s more about being aware of what I’m eating than counting the actual calories :D I never use a chest strap with my Garmin and the 230 Forerunner doesn’t have a built in heart monitor. I like it that way so I can wear long sleeves and put the watch over top. If I want to I can pair it with a heart monitor and other fitness stuff but I really don’t care. I’m Aedon2 on MFP you can add me if you like.

Helena

I just bumped the MFP in discussion so you can see other steepsters that use it as well.

Fjellrev

The awareness is what matters the most, really. Awesome, I’ll find you on there!

I cannot keep this around long enough and sadly yesterday we used up the last of it in an iced tea. My family loves it!

Dried it is the most delightful citrus smell. My children are confused by the pale red colour it brews and how it tastes like oranges (my son believes this is because it is like the blood oranges he likes to eat). It tastes just like a glass of orange juice, it is amazing!

Flavors: Orange, Sweet

Iced

I drank this iced – 1.5 tsp leaf/500 mL cold water/45 minutes (I recommend steeping at least 30 minutes if you only use a small amount of leaf)

This certainly stays true to its name. Lots of fresh juicy orange (tastes like Tropicana orange juice!), some tropical passion fruit flavour, natural sweetness of raisins and dried apple. I like the balance of tartness to sweetness. I was worried this would be sour, but I’m happy to report this is sweet with a bit of natural fruit tartness (but not sour per se). It is well balanced and I recommend this blend to those who like fruity herbals but dislike tart hibiscus.

Flavors: Fruity, Orange, Orange Zest, Passion Fruits, Raisins, Sweet, Tropical

Iced 8 min or more 1 tsp 17 OZ / 500 ML

This is a light and refreshing fruity/citrusy drink. The passionfruit flavor isn’t overpowering either, which is great as I am not the biggest fan of it.

Finally caved and bought a tin of this one for at home.

I made it iced on one of my days off this week because it was so hot in our house, and I just needed something refreshing and sweet. I let the tea steep for way too long before pouring it over ice though; like, well over an hour. It was VERY intensely orange flavoured. Basically, it was like an orange juice concentrate, with traces of the more tropical passionfruit. I actually still liked it A LOT because as intense as it was, it was a REALLY natural flavour too. Maybe a bit carrot-y tasting, too?

I don’t think I’d go out of my way to brew it up as strongly in the future though – it loses that ‘Five Alive’ quality I so strongly like about it even if it gains a more in your face orange taste.

This one sounded really good, so I got it to go today. It’s not bad, it has a nice orangey taste but it definitely needed sweetener. It also sort of does remind me of orange juice. Orange juice with a slight passion fruit flavour. I like it, but it’s not a huge favourite.

Flavors: Orange, Passion Fruits

Iced
Roswell Strange

All I can think of when I drink this one is Five Alive :P

Michelle

^ Very accurate!

Fjellrev

Oh Five Alive, that takes me back.

This tea is really good! It smells so orangey and refreshing omg. The tea is really smooth, orangey with that slight hint of passionfruit.