Caramel Shortbread

Fruit Herbal Blend
Almonds, Apple, Artificial Flavouring, Elderberries, Hazelnut, Natural Flavours, Raisins, Raspberry, Sour Cherry
Almond, Apple, Butter, Caramel, Honey, Popcorn, Sugar, Cookie, Sweet, Fruity, Nuts, Sour, Baked Bread, Pleasantly Sour, Berry, Cherry, Bitter, Nutty, Tart, Berries, Brown Sugar
Loose Leaf, Sachet
Caffeine Free
Edit tea info Last updated by Roswell Strange

From DAVIDsTEA

Shortbread cookies are the star of every dessert table. They’re rich, sweet and filled with buttery goodness – who can say no to that? So it goes without saying that this classic holiday treat makes for a seriously delicious tea. Our version has all the melt-in-your mouth richness of shortbread baked into a blend of willow bark, caramelized almond and cherry. Resistance is futile.

Apple, raisins, brown sugar, elderberries, willow bark, almo nds, hazelnuts, sour cherries, raspberries, stevia extract, natural and artificial almond and hazelnut flavouring.

Price per 50g: $8.98

About DAVIDsTEA View company

I don’t know how I feel about this. In the bag it smells wonderful and rich and caramel like. It still smells that way once steeped. The first part of the sip is great and has a depth to it with flavor matching the scent and a slight citrusy tingle, but it quickly goes tart. In the finish a play doh like flavor kind of takes over. It makes me want another sip to wash that flavor away. It isn’t horrible, but I’m not totally digging this either. I’d try adding some creamer to see if it mellows it out, but I seem to have made it to the bottom of my cup while absentmindedly sipping away watching a show.

Upon opening the package, wow what a strong caramel flavour! When steeped it does lose a lot of it’s smell but still could get a hint of that amazing caramel! I steeped mine extra long while I was getting ready, so about 15 minutes… so as an end result my tea was very flavourful! I enjoyed mine with a little bit of milk and sugar. For a decaffeinated tea, I would definitely buy this one again. Loved the flavours of the almonds and apple that really came through too.

Flavors: Almond, Apple, Butter, Caramel

205 °F / 96 °C 8 min or more 2 tsp 16 OZ / 473 ML

This smelled way better than it tasted, it was a bit of a let down. Very light, but not memorable. 3/5

Flavors: Butter, Honey

It isn’t a particularly memorable tea. It’s not unpleasant, but something about the way that the flavor notes come together doesn’t do it for me. I get strong buttery flavors, but there is a tartness in the base that sort of clashes with the buttery/caramel flavors.

Flavors: Apple, Butter, Caramel, Popcorn, Sugar

Sipdown! Sample from my recent online order. I noticed that someone commented that this tea reminded them of DT’s Caramel Corn – bingo. I agree. It’s maybe a little more… streamlined? And less cinnamony. It’s pretty good though – very sweet and caramelly, with maybe a bit of shortbready aftertaste. Too sweet for an everyday tea, but a good option for a desserty sweet treat!

It smells delicious but all I’m getting for taste is tartness and maybe a little butteriness. Luckily it was in a sampler so I won’t have to drink a ton of it.

Really enjoyed this tea. Tastes just like a shortbread cookie and the caramel makes it nice and creamy.

This is easily one of my favorite teas from David’s Tea. It’s such a lovely one to wind down your day with. It’s reminiscent of David’s Tea’s Caramel Corn (no longer in stock), but with a creamier taste and slightly less fruity undertone.

This tea smells amazing! Just like a warm, delicious cookie. I was really pleased with the flavor. It was a buttery taste that reminded me of Girl Scout trefoil cookies. The brewed tea also smelled delicious.

Flavors: Butter, Cookie

This tea smells delightful – exactly like its name! – but it falls flat on its flavour profile. It tastes nothing like caramel, shortbread, or any sort of cookie or dessert. Instead it tastes like a sweeter and milder version of DT’s Sleigh Ride. I can’t say I particularly like it, but it is interesting to look at – it has slices of almonds and hazelnut bits! Just looking to finish it lol.