Monster Mash

Rooibos Tea
Apple, Cardamom, Carrot, Cinnamon, Clove, Ginger, Natural Flavours, Nutmeg, Pumpkin Pieces, Rooibos, Sugar
Carrot, Cinnamon, Natural Pumpkin Spice Flavor, Nutmeg, Peppercorn, Rooibos, Spices
Bulk, Loose Leaf, Sachet
Caffeine Free
Kosher
Edit tea info Last updated by Perry Papadopoulos

From DAVIDsTEA

Bursting with sweet pumpkin goodness, this warming caffeine-free rooibos is frighteningly good. Its secret? A spicy and comforting combination of cardamom, cinnamon and clove. Packed with all the delicious flavours of fall, this pumpkin butter-inspired blend is sure to be a graveyard smash with little ghouls and goblins. For a special treat, try it as a tasty tea latte.

How it tastes:

Just like smooth pumpkin butter – sweet, spicy and comforting

What makes it great:

● This pumpkin butter-inspired rooibos is caffeine-free, making it the perfect treat for your favourite little monster.

● Makes a killer tea latte.

50 g of this tea makes around 10-12 16 oz cups of hot tea and 5-7 16 oz cups of iced tea.

Rooibos, pumpkin, cinnamon, apple, sugar, carrot, ginger, cardamom, cloves, nutmeg, natural flavouring.

Certification: Kosher

Price per 50g: $8.98

About DAVIDsTEA View company

I love this tea, and not just because the name is awesome. Sweet, warming pumpkin tea.

Now this is a well done pumpkin spice. I was worried because I’ve disliked pumpkin teas from DavidsTEA before, but this one is really nice, and it’s even better with milk. The main flavor is cardamom, but that’s balanced with rooibos and the slight spice of the ginger. It does cause some mouth dryness, and there’s a hint of a strange flavor in there, so this blend isn’t perfect, but I’m having a good time.

Kittenna

This is great to hear – I just picked up 50g of this to try :)

This is very pleasant. A nice cinnamon pumpkin with a little apple. I like it with a little milk and extra sugar.

Why with the sugar DAVIDsTEA?! At least it is not stevia but this is just too sweet. Between pumpkin and carrot, naturally sweet foods, why add more sugar? So I am stuck with a tea that smells kind of spicy but that coats the tongue with sweetness. The cinnamon doesn’t help either. I just don’t get it.

gross

Roswell Strange

But the big question; does it smell like pickles to you?

VariaTEA

Not that a recall tbh but I’ll sniff the rest and see if I get pickle

VariaTEA

*Not that I recall

I brewed this up strong with vanilla soy milk. Yumm, I really love the pumpkin and carrot in this. It actually tastes like pumpkin instead of just pumpkin pie spices.

Boiling 8 min or more

Hot with a little chocolate agave, back earlier in the week during my stretch of neck/head pain where I was drinking a lot of spiced teas since they were providing at least a little relief. I actually really liked the addition of chocolate to this; the sweetness of the agave wasn’t too sweet with everything else going on in the blend and the chocolate actually added a sort of depth and “denseness” to the flavor that seemed to create more body, and exaggerate certain spice notes like clove and cardamom.

Quite interesting, as far as additions go.

Kittenna

Monster Mash? Was this a relabel of something, or a blend I completely missed because I thought it was a relabel?

Chocolate agave?? Excitedly Amazons

Roswell Strange

@Kittenna – not a relabel; it was the new Halloween tea this year. Sort of a spiced “Pumpkin Butter” type of thing. @Nattie – I’m using chocolate agave from DAVIDsTEA, but I don’t know that it’s one of the flavours that we carry year round anymore? I’m sure there are other companies who offer similar though.

Nattie

I’m going to have a look and see if I can find something similar. I can’t get DAVIDsTEA over here anyway but you should totally tell them to open a UK shop

Nattie

That last bit was supposed to have a strike through, but the coding got eaten

Kittenna

@Roswell – Dang. I was probably too busy with baby to realize it was new; I’m pretty sure I was in a DT in October and saw the tea, but the tea guides at the store I was at didn’t point it out as being new.