Fireside Mocha

Fruit Herbal Blend
Artificial, Chocolate, Coffee, Sweet, Mocha, Apple, Cocoa, Marshmallow, Cream, Custard, Nutty, Roasted, Thick, Creamy
Bulk, Loose Leaf, Sachet
Edit tea info Last updated by Michelle

• “TTB #25 If they’d only left out the stevia, I think I would have really loved this tea. It had a mouthwatering aroma and a delicious flavor of chocolate and coffee, marred by the overly sweet...” Read full tasting note
  • “I bought this for my sister for Christmas, and she let me try a little. The scent of this tea fills the room, and it’s totally delicious. It’s pretty good both with and without milk. You get a...” Read full tasting note
  • “So I received my order of a handful of Davidstea’s (mostly established favorites).  This one I wavered on…. I was questioning the apple base fitting with the mocha flavoring.  I didn’t want the...” Read full tasting note
  • “Day 10 of our Advent Tea Swap. From amandastory516. What a fun tea! There are little candies in here shaped like trees plus sugar crystals and pieces of chocolate. Amanda gave me a TON so I opted...” Read full tasting note

From DAVIDsTEA

Cocoa beans, apple, sugar, sugar sprinkles (sugar, rice flour, rapeseed oil, tragacanth, artificial flavouring, colours (blue 1, riboflavin, sodium copper chlorophyllin)), chocolate chips (sugar, cocoa, soy lecithin), pink peppers, natural flavouring.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

TTB #25

If they’d only left out the stevia, I think I would have really loved this tea. It had a mouthwatering aroma and a delicious flavor of chocolate and coffee, marred by the overly sweet stevia. I added some milk to cut the sweetness and that was better, but it still had that stevia aftertaste that I really don’t enjoy.

Flavors: Artificial, Chocolate, Coffee, Sweet

Boiling 5 min, 0 sec 1 tsp 12 OZ / 354 ML
gmathis

I just don’t like blenders deciding how much and what kind of sweetness I need. Has often ruined many teas that would otherwise be quite tasty.

Inkling

Totally agree!

tea-sipper

I really need to remember to drink this fresh before the stevia gets old…

I bought this for my sister for Christmas, and she let me try a little. The scent of this tea fills the room, and it’s totally delicious. It’s pretty good both with and without milk. You get a mocha vibe from it without it being too strong. It’s sweet and desserty. Really nice. You might want to overleaf it because it could be a little thin for some people or maybe too appley – for me it was great.

So I received my order of a handful of Davidstea’s (mostly established favorites).  This one I wavered on…. I was questioning the apple base fitting with the mocha flavoring.  I didn’t want the apple to show up in the cup at all.  I’m glad to report: it doesn’t.  It’s mocha and slightly cocoa and slightly creamy and sweet. NO APPLE.  So the blend does what I want it to do and I’m happy with it!  How could I not be, with those cute tree sprinkles??  It will (hopefully) curb any sweet cravings and also taste mighty nice as a no-caffeine late night option…but with the flavor of mocha it will SORT OF keep me awake? It will trick me a bit.  The lingering flavor is lovely.   The second steep had almost the exact same flavor as the first.  I think I steeped it perfectly.  I’m glad I decided to go with this one when it was much cheaper than usual.  The only thing is any splenda here might age this one quickly.
Steep #1 // 1 1/2 teaspoons for a full mug // 5 minutes after boiling // 4 minute steep
Steep #2 // just boiled // 15  minute steep

Flavors: Mocha

AJRimmer

I bought this one for my sister for Christmas! I’m glad to hear it’s a good one!

tea-sipper

I hope she likes it! It seems like people either love it or hate it.

Day 10 of our Advent Tea Swap. From amandastory516.

What a fun tea! There are little candies in here shaped like trees plus sugar crystals and pieces of chocolate. Amanda gave me a TON so I opted for two teaspoons today.

I had someone come up to my desk while it was steeping and they asked if I was having hot chocolate. That is indeed how it smells. The taste, however, is not hot chocolate. I mean, there is some chocolate flavor there, but it’s artificial like an artificial sweetener. It’s cloudy too after steeping which isn’t very appetizing. There’s almost a plastic sort of taste to it also which is strange.

This was such a surprising cup for me because the flavor is so much different than the aroma coming from the dry and steeped blend. I know I’ve seen some reviews where others have loved this tea, but I’m thinking it’s not for me.

Flavors: Apple, Artificial, Chocolate, Cocoa, Marshmallow

190 °F / 87 °C 8 min or more 2 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML
amandastory516

I had very similar thoughts on this one, unfortunately. So many people like it, so I was hoping you’d be one. I’m sorry!

Shae

Oh no, don’t be sorry! That’s one of the best things about tea – we can all enjoy different things. I lot of people do like this one, so I guess you and I are just both in the same camp. :)

I found this tea pretty gross, and had to dump it after just a couple sips. The apples create an extremely odd flavor profile against the strong coffee notes. It is also sickeningly sweet, and was overly my main issue. A solid nope for me.

Flavors: Sweet

As another reviewer mentioned, this is phenomenal with a touch of vanilla or hazelnut creamer. I like Silk’s soy creamer and it has a lot of flavour but in a way that compliments the coffee bean, toasty, and chocolate notes.

Flavors: Chocolate, Cocoa, Coffee, Cream, Custard, Mocha, Nutty, Roasted, Sweet, Thick

205 °F / 96 °C 8 min or more

I think this makes my 5th cup of tea today? I didn’t think I’d have any room left after the days advents, but I needed something to put some Bailey’s in and this happens to be the perfect thing! The flavors of the two drinks meld together perfectly and gives me a little booziness to take the edge off a really crappy day that could have been way worse.

MadHatterTeaDrunk

Here’s to hoping for better days ahead!

Dustin

Indeed!

Tried it this time with a little bit of hazelnut creamer….wow!!!

205 °F / 96 °C 8 min or more

Pleasant tasting. Fairly sweet.

This is so delicious as a hot tea latte! I would like to try it as an iced tea latte next! It was incredibly sweet, so next time I won’t sweeten it like I do most of my lattes and it will probably be just perfect then. Tastes exactly like a mocha to me with a hint of caramel flavor.