Fireside Mocha

Fruit Herbal Blend
Almond, Coffee, Floral, Mocha, Perfume, Artificial, Chocolate, Sweet, Apple, Cocoa, Marshmallow, Cream, Custard, Nutty, Roasted, Thick, Creamy
Bulk, Loose Leaf, Sachet
Edit tea info Last updated by Michelle

• “Sipdown (255) I didn’t like this one. It was just way too sweet and artificial for my tastes. The Christmas tree sprinkles were super cute though.” Read full tasting note
  • “TTB #25 If they’d only left out the stevia, I think I would have really loved this tea. It had a mouthwatering aroma and a delicious flavor of chocolate and coffee, marred by the overly sweet...” Read full tasting note
  • “I bought this for my sister for Christmas, and she let me try a little. The scent of this tea fills the room, and it’s totally delicious. It’s pretty good both with and without milk. You get a...” Read full tasting note
  • “So I received my order of a handful of Davidstea’s (mostly established favorites).  This one I wavered on…. I was questioning the apple base fitting with the mocha flavoring.  I didn’t want the...” Read full tasting note

From DAVIDsTEA

Cocoa beans, apple, sugar, sugar sprinkles (sugar, rice flour, rapeseed oil, tragacanth, artificial flavouring, colours (blue 1, riboflavin, sodium copper chlorophyllin)), chocolate chips (sugar, cocoa, soy lecithin), pink peppers, natural flavouring.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

Sipdown (255)

Cameron B.

Why do sprinkles have to be so darn charming? :P

TTB #25

If they’d only left out the stevia, I think I would have really loved this tea. It had a mouthwatering aroma and a delicious flavor of chocolate and coffee, marred by the overly sweet stevia. I added some milk to cut the sweetness and that was better, but it still had that stevia aftertaste that I really don’t enjoy.

Flavors: Artificial, Chocolate, Coffee, Sweet

Boiling 5 min, 0 sec 1 tsp 12 OZ / 354 ML
gmathis

I just don’t like blenders deciding how much and what kind of sweetness I need. Has often ruined many teas that would otherwise be quite tasty.

Inkling

Totally agree!

tea-sipper

I really need to remember to drink this fresh before the stevia gets old…

I bought this for my sister for Christmas, and she let me try a little. The scent of this tea fills the room, and it’s totally delicious. It’s pretty good both with and without milk. You get a mocha vibe from it without it being too strong. It’s sweet and desserty. Really nice. You might want to overleaf it because it could be a little thin for some people or maybe too appley – for me it was great.

So I received my order of a handful of Davidstea’s (mostly established favorites).  This one I wavered on…. I was questioning the apple base fitting with the mocha flavoring.  I didn’t want the apple to show up in the cup at all.  I’m glad to report: it doesn’t.  It’s mocha and slightly cocoa and slightly creamy and sweet. NO APPLE.  So the blend does what I want it to do and I’m happy with it!  How could I not be, with those cute tree sprinkles??  It will (hopefully) curb any sweet cravings and also taste mighty nice as a no-caffeine late night option…but with the flavor of mocha it will SORT OF keep me awake? It will trick me a bit.  The lingering flavor is lovely.   The second steep had almost the exact same flavor as the first.  I think I steeped it perfectly.  I’m glad I decided to go with this one when it was much cheaper than usual.  The only thing is any splenda here might age this one quickly.
Steep #1 // 1 1/2 teaspoons for a full mug // 5 minutes after boiling // 4 minute steep
Steep #2 // just boiled // 15  minute steep

Flavors: Mocha

AJRimmer

I bought this one for my sister for Christmas! I’m glad to hear it’s a good one!

tea-sipper

I hope she likes it! It seems like people either love it or hate it.

Day 10 of our Advent Tea Swap. From amandastory516.

What a fun tea! There are little candies in here shaped like trees plus sugar crystals and pieces of chocolate. Amanda gave me a TON so I opted for two teaspoons today.

I had someone come up to my desk while it was steeping and they asked if I was having hot chocolate. That is indeed how it smells. The taste, however, is not hot chocolate. I mean, there is some chocolate flavor there, but it’s artificial like an artificial sweetener. It’s cloudy too after steeping which isn’t very appetizing. There’s almost a plastic sort of taste to it also which is strange.

This was such a surprising cup for me because the flavor is so much different than the aroma coming from the dry and steeped blend. I know I’ve seen some reviews where others have loved this tea, but I’m thinking it’s not for me.

Flavors: Apple, Artificial, Chocolate, Cocoa, Marshmallow

190 °F / 87 °C 8 min or more 2 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML
amandastory516

I had very similar thoughts on this one, unfortunately. So many people like it, so I was hoping you’d be one. I’m sorry!

Shae

Oh no, don’t be sorry! That’s one of the best things about tea – we can all enjoy different things. I lot of people do like this one, so I guess you and I are just both in the same camp. :)

I found this tea pretty gross, and had to dump it after just a couple sips. The apples create an extremely odd flavor profile against the strong coffee notes. It is also sickeningly sweet, and was overly my main issue. A solid nope for me.

Flavors: Sweet

As another reviewer mentioned, this is phenomenal with a touch of vanilla or hazelnut creamer. I like Silk’s soy creamer and it has a lot of flavour but in a way that compliments the coffee bean, toasty, and chocolate notes.

Flavors: Chocolate, Cocoa, Coffee, Cream, Custard, Mocha, Nutty, Roasted, Sweet, Thick

205 °F / 96 °C 8 min or more

My struggle to find the perfect non dairy creamer is real. With the addition of Trader Joe’s coconut almond creamer, my cup of Fireside Mocha was transformed into a cup of pizza crust tea. It was the weirdest thing, clearly tasting pizza crust. I’m not even that big of a fan of pizza. I’ll eat it if I’m starving and it’s there, but I never think “What do I want for dinner tonight… I know, pizza!”. I have no idea what about the combination would do this, but I was sipping it while watching the movie Satanic Panic, which was not a documentary on the 80’s fear phenomenon like I thought and logic leads me to suspect that this tea transformation might be the work of the devil. Who else would play such a rotten trick?! Definitely satan. Cue panic!

Arby

Lots of people like oat milk the best (USA people seem to like Oatly the best). I prefer vanilla soy in tea, but it isn’t for everyone. You can sometimes find “barista blend” (usually in shelf stable tetra packs, but sometimes sold fresh and refrigerated) and those ones are thicker and creamier. I like macadamia and oat creamer a lot but if you find the Silk vanilla one that is perfect in tea.

Source: Have tried every vegan milk and creamer available in Canada

Lexie Aleah

I second the Silk Vanilla or the So Delicious Vanilla Creamer. Oatly and Califia both make good Oat Milks too.

Dustin

I tried the refrigerated Oatly and it was really bland. I don’t think I’ve tried the macadamia one, but the Silk vanilla soy was too sweet and slightly plasticy, while the Silk almond creamer was sickly sweet like the flavored creamer pods at convenience stores. So Delicious vanilla coconut creamer was very sweet, but the best out of the 9 creamer line up I had going. Califa Oak creamer had a bitter finish, their Better Half coconut/almond tasted like bland almonds and their vanilla almond milk creamer was super thick and plastic tasting. They all have something in them that I’m finding takes away or alters the taste of my tea instead of enhancing it. I have a friend who loves Chobani oat milk as a creamer and I see they make creamers, but so far I’ve only been able to find seasonal flavored creamers. I feel like some picky fairy tale non dairy creamer princess!

Leafhopper

I enjoy pizza, but pizza-crust tea doesn’t sound appealing. I can’t help you with your creamer quest since I drink my tea plain, but good luck!

Dustin

I love weird flavors, so I probably would have ordered pizza crust tea just out of curiosity, but that would be consensual pizza crust tea. This was not consensual! LOL!

Tried it this time with a little bit of hazelnut creamer….wow!!!

205 °F / 96 °C 8 min or more

Pleasant tasting. Fairly sweet.