Forever Frosty

Caffeine Free
Vegan
Edit tea info Last updated by Roswell Strange

From DAVIDsTEA

Nuts about the holidays. Inspired by the crave-worthy flavours of our bestselling Forever Nuts tea, this merry caffeine-free fruit infusion blends orange slices, cloves, marshmallows and snowy sugar-dusted almonds for a festive twist. Try this sweet and nutty pink-steeping tea with a splash of milk for the perfect holiday latte.

Apple, Candied almonds (almonds, sugar), Almonds, Orange slices, Marshmallows (glucose and fructose syrup, sugar, water, carrageenan, dextrose, corn starch, hydrolyzed rice protein, sodium hexametaphosphate, natural flavour, beet powder, titanium dioxide), Cinnamon, Artificial sweet roasted almond and natural orange flavouring, Beetroot, Coconut flakes, Orange peel, Cloves.

Roasted sweet almond with a touch of juicy orange and warming spice.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

The flavor of this tea was it’s biggest disappointment. It sort of tasted like a drink that was meant to be artificially flavored to taste like bubblegum, but as if the drink had expired. I don’t know how to exactly explain it, it was just really bad. The smell was terrible and the taste absolutely matched.

Flavors: Cinnamon, Marshmallow, Pineapple

Tastes like those old-fashioned pink bubblegums.

Another new holiday tea – though technically this has been available for a while in the 24 Days of Tea advent calendar and in other kits/samplers so you’ve been able to get your hands on it for a while if you’ve wanted to…

(I generally try to only post notes on or after the official launch dates though…)

As many have astutely pointed out, this tea is very similar to Forever Nuts – and while I think some people have realized that’s intentional it’s probably best to make it extra clear that the link was 100% Intentional! This is, really, just Christmas/Holiday Forever Nuts . So it’s those same sweet and nutty almond/apple/cinnamon notes that most people know and love but with some holiday flavors like orange and clove (which we’ve seen DT use in many past holiday blends – and which is also the flavour of The Spice Is Right) and an amped up visual for the almonds. In fact those whole, frosted almonds were the inspiration for the name! And marshmallows too, ’cause why not!?

If I’m being totally honest I think the marshmallows were just a step too far – the frosted almonds probably would have been plenty in the sweetness department. DT has a bit of Jenna Marble’s ‘too much’ gene though, I think.

I think I personally like this about as much as I do Forever Nuts – it’s not super dissimilar (sweeter, pop of orange, a bit more spice) and there are pros and cons to both blends to me. I think this is a bit too sweet but the orange is really nice, and I find Forever Nuts a little bit boring/simple. It’s the kind of blend that, for me, I wouldn’t purchase for at home because I don’t think I’d gravitate towards it too frequently – but I’d drink the hell out of it in latte form while shopping at the mall. ‘Cause, one, it’s a really nice latte and, two, it’s good to have those kind of “treat yourself” mall teas in your rotation too!

I got this tea as an individual bag when filling a box of 20 at Davids Tea. It tastes very similar to Forever Nuts (hence the name), but the cinnamon is far more pronounced and they added some candied almonds and pineapple. It almost tastes like nutmeg. I enjoy it, but I far prefer forever nuts more. Would not purchase 100g, but might get a few more individuals for the holiday season.

Flavors: Cinnamon, Fruity, Pineapple, Spicy

I really disliked this one when I first tried it, but I decided to give it another go. Using only 1 perfect spoon helped reduce the medicinal flavor. It wasn’t as unpleasant as the first time around, but I definitely still prefer Forever Nuts.