Forever Frosty

Fruit Herbal Blend
Apple Pieces, Candied Pinapple, Cinnamon, Clove, Orange Peels
Almond, Cinnamon, Coconut, Fruity, Nut Fruits, Nuts, Orange, Orange Zest, Spices, Acidic, Bitter, Citrus, Floral, Metallic, Tangy, Marshmallow, Pineapple, Spicy, Clove
Bulk, Loose Leaf, Sachet
Caffeine Free
Vegan
Edit tea info Last updated by amandastory516

• “This is what I wanted Forever Nuts to taste like. Nutty, fruity, a little spicy: all the things to make you think of the holidays, while being caffeine free and delicious. I made 2 quarts for my...” Read full tasting note
  • “Not my cuppa. Another taster noted the blend can be wildly inconsistent and maybe I just got a terrible cup. Metallic. Like eating pennies. Tart, but not really. The citrus is too faint. The clove...” Read full tasting note
  • “Davids quietly changed the recipe for this tea this year when they brought it back. The picture with the white candied almonds here on Steepster is the current recipe. The old recipe had...” Read full tasting note
  • “I’m pretty sure this is the tea I’m drinking. It tastes very much like forever nuts but with a hint of sweetness from the marshmallows. I didn’t have any almonds or oranges in my sample, so I’m not...” Read full tasting note

From DAVIDsTEA

Nuts about the holidays. Inspired by the crave-worthy flavours of our bestselling Forever Nuts tea, this merry caffeine-free fruit infusion blends orange slices, cloves, marshmallows and snowy sugar-dusted almonds for a festive twist. Try this sweet and nutty pink-steeping tea with a splash of milk for the perfect holiday latte.

Apple, Candied almonds (almonds, sugar), Almonds, Orange slices, Marshmallows (glucose and fructose syrup, sugar, water, carrageenan, dextrose, corn starch, hydrolyzed rice protein, sodium hexametaphosphate, natural flavour, beet powder, titanium dioxide), Cinnamon, Artificial sweet roasted almond and natural orange flavouring, Beetroot, Coconut flakes, Orange peel, Cloves.

Roasted sweet almond with a touch of juicy orange and warming spice.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

This is what I wanted Forever Nuts to taste like. Nutty, fruity, a little spicy: all the things to make you think of the holidays, while being caffeine free and delicious. I made 2 quarts for my family to drink for dinner.

Flavors: Almond, Cinnamon, Coconut, Fruity, Nut Fruits, Nuts, Orange, Orange Zest, Spices

205 °F / 96 °C 8 min or more 18 tsp 64 OZ / 1892 ML

Not my cuppa. Another taster noted the blend can be wildly inconsistent and maybe I just got a terrible cup. Metallic. Like eating pennies. Tart, but not really. The citrus is too faint. The clove and cinnamon combine terribly with the tang. It’s just weird and unpleasant with a terrible aftertaste. Sugar did not help.

Flavors: Acidic, Bitter, Cinnamon, Citrus, Floral, Metallic, Spices, Tangy

Davids quietly changed the recipe for this tea this year when they brought it back. The picture with the white candied almonds here on Steepster is the current recipe. The old recipe had small-diced candied pineapple and marshmallows, but no sugar-coated almonds or large orange pieces. The old recipe was found in the Forever Frosty Snowman Tin…and is no longer available for purchase. Actually, I like the new recipe better! It’s more tangy and less over-the-top sweet. Still includes plenty of festive spice!

I’m pretty sure this is the tea I’m drinking. It tastes very much like forever nuts but with a hint of sweetness from the marshmallows. I didn’t have any almonds or oranges in my sample, so I’m not 100% sure this is the one I have, but I’m pretty sure. It does have a hint of orange or something citrus in it too, which is something I have been hoping for in my teas lately as I’ve been plowing through them.
Anyways, I’m enjoying this one quite a bit and will probably mix it with my forever nuts to make a latte later to finish both of them up.

Day 2 of my DIY 24 Days of DAVIDsTea!

This blend is Forever Nuts’ more festive cousin, and I honestly think I prefer it more. Although sweeter, with a bit more ‘spice’, I am a big fan of the bright, citrusy orange. I luckily snagged several ounces when it first re-appeared online, and I look forward to having it as a latte next!

I don’t usually start my day with a herbal/fruit infusion, so I made a cup of matcha for a much needed caffeine boost!

This is actually the third time I’ve tried to write a review for this tea over the past few months. My feelings change with each cup of it, so I’ve had a difficult time figuring out what to say. Which ingredients end up in your cup play a big part in the flavor. Some steeps are super orangey. Others are super nutty. Sometimes I find it bitter and strange. Other times I find it quite nice. I love the fun ingredients in this blend, and I guess now that I’m at the end of my 2 oz of this tea, I’m ready to announce a verdict. I don’t think I would buy this again since it’s too inconsistent, but it ended up being all right! Also I don’t know why DavidsTea uses vegetarian marshmallows in some of its blends and not others. Seems like they might as well use them in all of them to be more inclusive?

Thanks so much for the swap, AJRimmer!  I wanted a cinnamon tea, and just guessed that this had cinnamon and I was right. I figured snow yesterday in April is a goodatime as any to try this one.  Upon steeping I saw the PINK cup and noticed the similar name to Forever Nuts!  Huh.  How did I not make that connection?  Though the dry blends LOOK different.  Those frosty almonds!  Those bright orange slices!  And with marshmallows!  The flavor is a bit similar to Forever Nuts somehow but the blends seem like they should be completely different. There are hints of cinnamon and orange.   I wish more of the flavors would pop, I wish for more toasty almond (maybe with a third teaspoon?) I’m not sure how much entire almonds impart to the flavor of a tea, rather than chopped almond pieces, but I do like this one. I don’t understand the low rating.   Not as lovely as Forever Nuts. I REALLY steeped the second steep but it hardly tasted any different than the first cup. It didn’t hurt though!
Steep #1  // 2 teaspoons for full mug // 12 minutes after boiling  // 3 minute steep
Steep #2  // just boiled //  53 min steep

The flavor of this tea was it’s biggest disappointment. It sort of tasted like a drink that was meant to be artificially flavored to taste like bubblegum, but as if the drink had expired. I don’t know how to exactly explain it, it was just really bad. The smell was terrible and the taste absolutely matched.

Flavors: Cinnamon, Marshmallow, Pineapple

Tastes like those old-fashioned pink bubblegums.

Another tea that I pulled out this week after getting a bit inspired by this year’s holiday launch…

I feel like I’ve mentioned this before, but I like this blend so much more than Forever Nuts. I mean, there’s really similar but the sweet orange mixed with that perfect candied almond taste feels so cozy to me while not necessarily being a “stereotypical” winter flavour. It was a nice, smooth cuppa and I’m looking forward to brewing this one more often once the snow hits.