Raspberry Matcha

Medium
Vegan
Edit tea info Last updated by Roswell Strange

From DAVIDsTEA

We’re taking energizing matcha to new heights. Fuel your morning with this fruity and invigorating blend of Matcha Matsu powder, pure cane sugar and the natural flavour of ripe raspberry. Whether you sip it as an iced latte or in your post-workout smoothie, this finely ground flavoured matcha is an easy & delicious way to enjoy the feel-good benefits of green tea.

How it tastes
Sweet and rich ripe raspberry balanced by fresh vegetal green tea notes

Cane sugar, Matcha green tea, Natural raspberry flavouring.

Perfect for matcha beginners.
Made with an energizing, detoxifying base of Matcha Matsu green tea powder from Aichi, Japan.
Try it on ice for a fresh & fruity pick-me-up.
Add a spoonful to your next smoothie, pancakes or granola for a burst of green tea benefits.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

My sister and brother-in-law made a smoothie so they asked if I wanted some. I said yes, though I am used to my smoothies and not theirs. Thankfully they left me the last bit in the blender so I could add some matcha to their mix of mango, banana, icelandic yogurt and milk. The smoothie was thicker than I usually make them and had a different balance of fruits to other ingredients.

Despite adding a shitton of matcha, I am not getting much raspberry. I am getting a chalkiness though and I don’t know if I can blame the matcha for that or the combination of fruit and yogurt. Who knows. It’s fine, just not what I’m used to.

I’ve been enjoying trying all of the new DT matchas. I made this one as an iced latte with oat milk (as I’ve been doing with most of the new flavored matchas), and it was really tasty. It reminded me very much of a fruity cereal milk. I enjoyed it, but it’s another one that I don’t absolutely have to have on hand.

This is the last of the new matchas – and what a good day for matcha lovers!

I’ve had a lot of raspberry matchas from different companies, so I’m surprised that it took DT so long to create one. I had a hard time not immediately comparing it to what I’ve tried from other companies, and so I think the first time I tried it I was VERY critical. However, taking a step back I think it’s a really nice raspberry flavour – it’s just not massively different from what other companies offer. That’s not necessarily good or bad; it just depends on what’s easiest to get ahold of for you if you enjoy the flavour. Like, for me it’s REALLY easy to access DT products and I enjoyed the creamy, sweet raspberry flavour of this matcha a lot so it just makes sense that if I want a raspberry matcha in my stash that it will be this one. If it’s not easy for you to get DT matchas and you want a raspberry matcha and another company is carrying one you can buy much easier or cheaper then you’re most likely not missing out by buying theirs over this one. It’s all down to circumstance, IMO.

What really pushed this one over the edge for me was having it in latte form though – it’s so decadent, rich and sweet! Very much like a creamy raspberry milkshake, and that’s exactly why I enjoy both of DT’s Blueberry and Strawberry flavours so much. At some point I’ll probably do a side by side of those three matchas for all of the berry fans out there, but going on my gut feeling right now this is PROBABLY how I would personally rank them:

Blueberry, Raspberry, then Strawberry. All are excellent in my own opinion though…

VariaTEA

Bought 50g of this today to use to recreate the white chocolate matcha latte I had at the coffee shop the other day. Figured raspberry and white chocolate matcha latte would be a whole new level of yum!